Will Disney's Support of Blu-ray make a difference in the war?

T2K, you know where there is a black knight there must be a white one. Your view is that M$ is an innovater, a purveyor of future needs and does not lie to its consumer. Nothing could be further from the truth.

First, M$ is nothing but a first rate copy infringing company. They haven't had one single solitary idea since Bill Gates and company first pushed windows onto the PC. And that was not an original idea. Xerox was the first company to do graphical interfaces and Apple's OS has continued to be what M$ many windows variations have always tried to be.

Second, M$ is a Johnny come lately to the console market. Their first stab was the money losing XBOX (over 500 million). I understand they have sold over 6 million XBOX360's and this endeavor might become profitable after the 10 million mark. So M$ is not the wonder company everyone thinks that they are. In fact, the XBOX360 is the first hardware venture of any kind that might make money for M$. As a software company they have done very well but so far in the hardware department they have drawn a big gooseegg. Maybe the 360 will get them over the hump.

As for Sony, they have been in business for over 60 years as a manufacturer. They have made billons just like M$. Right now they have made considerable blunders and my guess is even if the PS3 becomes their saviour some heads are going to roll. They are not going to go under nor are they going to go away. They are not a perfect company but they are inovative and they are constantly bringing new ideas to the market. Some work and some do not. That is what happens to innovators. They win some and they lose some. If they constantly lost they would not be in business as manufacturing is the mainstay of their business.

You tend to always be negative towards the PS3 and SONY. I don't believe you have had one positive statment for the PS3. Why? Because the innovation of the PS3 is too expensive? Wait, it will come down. The graphics are not first rate? You must not of looked at the HD downloads on Sony's site. You don't like BluRay? 50GB on one disc not enough? HDMI not interesting to you? Native 1080p gaming not perk your interest? Media streaming and internet browser not important? An open sourced OS like LINUX not inviting enough to you?

Maybe these things do not interest you and yes before you post, M$ will be providing all of this to 360 owners in a download or hardware (HD-DVD drive anyone) coming soon. However, until Sony demonstrated these ideas on the PS3 M$ stand was that it was either not possible or not needed for gaming. So why now provide the upgrade and hardware if it is not needed for gaming on the 360?

See, with competition everyone steps up their game. M$ comes out with the excellent 'LIVE' for the 360 and Sony one-ups with media streaming and an internet browser. Sony comes out with BluRay and 1080p gaming and M$ steps up with the HD-DVD drive and media streaming. These things are very positive for the console gaming world. About this there can be no doubt.

But you see, if I just read and don't post and people only read your slanted side of things then they might just believe your negative ranting. There must be balance on this site just as there must be balance in the console world. If you live to be negative I must counter you with something positive. Those reading these posts know the score.

While I do blast M$ for their business practices which at times borders on piracy itself they at times do make great products. The XBOX360 is one of them. And while I might sing praises of the PS3 I blast Sony for the dumb mistakes and business decisions they have made in the past year. Both companies are not perfect but they do some things well.

The orignal post was about Disney and if their support of BluRay means anything to the HD-DVD/BluRay wars. Well, if they never make a HD-DVD movie ( and I seriously doubt they could ignore a market they could make money in) then in the end it will. When these players start dropping in prices don't think for a minute that familys moving into the new arena of HDTV and High Def movie viewing won't be looking at family movie titles and making decisions. They always have and they always will. And if those titles are only on BluRay that is what they are going to buy.

Joe. GREAT POST man. So, T2k you have nothing to say for that one.

You mean drsiebling's post? No, I did not.

I wish I had the time to make/want to make a great post like Joe did. WOW

Oh, I must have skipped that... the last one I read here was full of random idiotic crap...

Wait: we all know YOU ARE Joe...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts