Will my installer take down a competitors dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just helped my neighbor take down an old DirecTV dish after a Slimline install by DirecTV. The tech told him that since it was in a different location and he was running all new cable it didn't have to be removed for the new install so he wasn't going to do it. Of course this same tech put up a Slimline without monopoles and it supposedly passed QC. :confused:

I suspect it was an HSP tech that was more worried about how he was going to finish the four 1-5pm installs they routed him than about the old dish still being on the side of the house.

Honestly, he wasn't out of line. I wouldn't have done it either. Every trip up the ladder has a chance to end in disaster, and I am not swinging my ass in the wind for free. So, unless it was directly in my way, it stays.

Monopoles are always required.

I should update my previous post and say that the HSP has subsequently come back and installed two monopoles on my neighbor's dish in the last day or two. Not sure if QC picked that up or if my neighbor called after I mentioned it to him but he's got them now.

Well, you all should be pleased to know that my installer took down my E* dish with no problem. He didn't have to take the lnb or anything. He just took my old one down and put up a new one. The picture looks great and now I can get all of my local HD's over the satellite. Thanks for all of your help you guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts