With a Gene HD-DVR, can you do this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mkerdman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
With a Gene HD-DVR, can you -

1. Start a recording that you join In Progress (like a football game by example)
2. Then Pause that Recording,
3. Tune to another Tuner & Channel and Watch TV,
4. Then Return to Original Tuner/Recording which is still Paused where you left it?

No, I'm fairly certain not. You could accomplish this with DoublePlay, but you wouldn't need to start recording in that case either.

DoublePlay allows you to "actively watch" two different tuners. Watching one show, say "Football Game #1." You hit pause, then hit the down arrow and now you're on the second tuner, say "Football Game #2." Pause and hit the down arrow and you're back to where you left off on Football Game #1. This functionality is critical for me on Saturdays when my two teams are playing at the same time. :)

DoublePlay allows you to "actively watch" two different tuners. Watching one show, say "Football Game #1." You hit pause, then hit the down arrow and now you're on the second tuner, say "Football Game #2." Pause and hit the down arrow and you're back to where you left off on Football Game #1. This functionality is critical for me on Saturdays when my two teams are playing at the same time. :)

That is EXACTLY what I wanted.

Thanks!

Reactions: TermiNader
With a Gene HD-DVR, can you -

1. Start a recording that you join In Progress (like a football game by example)
2. Then Pause that Recording,
3. Tune to another Tuner & Channel and Watch TV,
4. Then Return to Original Tuner/Recording which is still Paused where you left it?

while you already have a satsifactory answer, for those who may be less prepared to start something like that this scenario does still work.

after you have started the recording, if you go into your recording list and start the program from there INSTEAD of the live feed, if you double tap exit to leave the recording, you will be given the option to continue your recording from where you left off when you go back into the recording list. so essentially so long as you have it recording and dont go through the guide this works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts