Would this make a decent 2 channel audio system

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dishdude

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
That should be a decent setup for a minimal investment. The receiver has AM/FM, 4 RCA inputs and the ability to add a second pair of speakers in the future should you choose to do so. There is no output for a subwoofer but since you're interested in only a two channel system that shouldn't be an issue. Keep in mind this is a Natural Sound receiver with only bass and treble controls (+/- 10db) so there is no equalizer to finely tailor the sound. Otherwise, it should be fine for what you are looking for. :)

Stereo receivers are relatively expensive for what you get.

You should seriously consider something that handles HDMI as that's likely to be the only way of getting sound out of source devices (disc players, media players, streamers, probably even satellite receivers) in the future. This unit has no digital inputs and even in a simple setup, that's a bitter pill.

i think an avr would provide more options for inputs
With the added magic of being little to no more expensive.

I had to replace a very nice Pioneer VSX AV receiver so that I could connect a DLNA media box to my bedroom system. I had used component to hook up a DVD player but even those are hard to find anymore (and even if you do, finding a value-oriented TV with component inputs is a struggle). I can see delaying that transition when you're using a computer, but I'm less willing to trade the flexibility for simplicity.

I find the omission of moving coil phonograph inputs on an audio-only receiver an affront.

Yes. I'd go with a 5.1 receiver since a lot more of them are sold, so the price will be better for what you get. Don't even have to have something new. Something from 2012 to 2014 would still have some legacy inputs and decent 2-channel power. My 2-channel setup is PC only with the occasional turntable or tape deck source, so I went with active speakers plus a USB DAC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)