WOW 180 Miles

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
BULLSPIT!

Any antenna is "capable" of receiving from a long range, now and again during SKIP season, but no way in HELL can you guarantee it can do 180 miles every single day without fail.

The Earth's horizon is around 65~ miles away, and anything beyond that starts meaning you have far less chance of receiving the signal consistently, without extreme measures.

Thanks for confirming 180 miles is possible. Nowhere does the advert claim any every day range in miles. Would love to have you on our team as an antenna designer or engineer but all of the Novice positions are filled. Guess you will have to stick with being "The Protector of the People".

Sad part is the general public believe this sh*t. :(

Could not agree more! People post ads claiming 10 db of gain from a very small antenna. People post ads claiming a fake heat-sink on a satellite antenna actually works....etc. Maybe you should take a look at how you have some of the items you are selling labeled eh?,,,10db,,,Lol

maybe if we ignore the troll he will go away? ;)

Nice to meet you too! Your contribution to society is what exactly? (Sitting on the couch does not count!)

Bottom Line
Ads are just that--ads. IF they are not made to sound interesting,,,, not many will even look at the product. Take a look at how many of those antennas have been sold. Those sales numbers will far exceed anything you guys are selling now or will probably sell in the future. Your adverts are no better,,,.

Lol!!! Admire the cojones it takes to offer and defend this product listing.

Congrats! You are able to attract and retain uninformed buyers with the misleading title. You sir, are a true schmuck salesman who fully understands and embraces this quote, "There's a sucker born every minute" David Hannum

Personally, I sleep better at night knowing that I don't have to trick folks into buying a product that is listed and meets the majority of buyers expectations as spec'd.

This product would likely be fine for local reception, but not the 180 miles as the title claims. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: fred555 and Mr Tony
Good day everyone I lived in Indian orchard ma ,01151 they say hiegth is every thing antennas d ,91xg with a channel Master 7778 first antennas hiegth 90Ft received 69.1 in ct state 80miles out so I would receive it till 11.am and come back at 6pm,so then I bot a cm-7777amp 70,single strength day or night heavy rain or snow no dropouts and thy say UHF receive is 80miles so true so then I bot the solid single HDB91x same hiegth and with the channel Master-7777,no changes in receive or single strength

Not impossible. You are on the up slope side of the mountains to the west of you and the station, in areas around Indian Orchard is 2 edge reception.

Actually as you go further up the mountainside to the NW the signal gets stronger. Near the top where WGGB and WGBY transmitters are located is about 7.5dB NM eminently receivable with a good antenna.

There are a few places around the country where the transmitter is high on a mountain and if you are on the up slope side of another , reception is LOS more than 100 miles away.

I should of tried wg8200u for the vhf I wunder what I would have received with it I did receive new York same 80miles I wish I had my 15ft long antnnacraft, hi&low vhf back then but for now it's safe in it's box's, what is your receive distances what type of antennas do you use. funke do you won't to sell it

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)