WOW silver sensor OTA antenna!!

sonic

Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
I just purchased my Zenith Silver Sensor OTA antenna and I got to say wow. I already bought 2 Terk HDTV antenna's for $40 and both of those were terrible, going out occasionally and I'm not more than 20 miles from the signal. I've used that for about 3 months and today just bought the Zenith Silver Sensor OTA antenna, its smaller, and wow. I'm getting at least 10 % more on average. I actually hit 90% today. The 2 antenna's are like night and day different. I' recommend just buying Silver Sensor right from the beggining instead of going through all the hassel I had to go through.

sonic said:
I' recommend just buying Silver Sensor right from the beggining instead of going through all the hassel I had to go through.

I second that motion. I wish there was a Silver Sensor for VHF too. :)

About the terk

It was the "Terk HDTVi" model, here's the link

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1081899793854&skuId=6327496&type=product

About it not recieving VHF, what channels does that include. I was under the impression that VHF was 2-11. The only channel i don't recieve is 2, which neither antenna is doing.

Yea but i can't say enough about the difference between the 2 antennas.

Everybody who is wondering which antenna to buy. The answer is simple. Zenith Silver Sensor is great.

THe silver sensor is the best.

I put it in the attic along with the channel master 7777 amp and a rat shack attenuator to cut the signal down when needed (causes it becuase too strong at times).

I pull un HDTV from the next DMA at 50 miles away?

Tripple wow on silver.

sonic said:
About it not recieving VHF, what channels does that include. I was under the impression that VHF was 2-11. The only channel i don't recieve is 2, which neither antenna is doing.

One station in the OKC area (the ABC affiliate) broadcasts in VHF. My understanding is that there's an FCC movement to push all OTA TV into the VHF spectrum in the future.

Silver Sensor

I bought mine from Fry's Electronics, with my friends employee discount. I only paid 20 bucks for it! Not bad. Considering it blows away all other brands that the local stores had. I have been talking to a friend of mine and he said his silver sensor was working better than his $120 huge hdtv antenna. Go Silver Sensor if you have any doubt. :smug

Nice Call

sonic said:
I just purchased my Zenith Silver Sensor OTA antenna and I got to say wow. I already bought 2 Terk HDTV antenna's for $40 and both of those were terrible, going out occasionally and I'm not more than 20 miles from the signal. I've used that for about 3 months and today just bought the Zenith Silver Sensor OTA antenna, its smaller, and wow. I'm getting at least 10 % more on average. I actually hit 90% today. The 2 antenna's are like night and day different. I' recommend just buying Silver Sensor right from the beggining instead of going through all the hassel I had to go through.

Nice call on the Zenith. I was able to pick up my local CBS affilate, however they don't pass CBS HD yet. :mad:

I currently have the Terk mentioned in this discussion, but my interest has been peaked buy the Silver Sensor.

How do I go about getting the discount, is there a special code needed?

Thanks

Paul

Just call or place your order on-line and mention your SatelliteGuys forum membership and you will hear the sound of our plush deep pile red carpet being rolled out and you will receive our forum courtesy discount.

-Robert

Will the silver sensor work for me?

I'm 20 - 25 miles from my Atlanta stations (I'm in the Northeast suburbs).
Antennaweb.org recommends a large directional with preamp (blue and violet range).

I could place it in the attic of my two-story home...

Thanks!

Timmernator said:
Will the silver sensor work for me?

I'm 20 - 25 miles from my Atlanta stations (I'm in the Northeast suburbs).
Antennaweb.org recommends a large directional with preamp (blue and violet range).

I could place it in the attic of my two-story home...

Thanks!

Where are you actually? I am going to say no for the moment. One thing the SS is a set top antenna.
The Atlanta area is a hotbed of multi path creators. This means most people need full size, outdoor style antennas. With your distance an attic mount may be ok but not a for sure if cost is an issue.
Most people in our area have found these to work
http://www.channelmaster.com/ Good sources for antennas areDow Electronics in Duluth, Lowes and Frys by Gwinnet Place Mall for 1 stop shopping-

We have had the best results with the Winegard SS-1000 in areas where Multi-Patch reflected signals are prevalent.

All antennas work best when mounted outdoors at the highest elevation possible. Indoor attic installation is the next best location.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
We have had the best results with the Winegard SS-1000 in areas where Multi-Path reflected signals are prevalent.

All antennas work best when mounted outdoors at the highest elevation possible. Indoor attic installation is the next best location.

-Robert
I agree about the WineGard another fine antenna

I have the Winegard but because my building is inbetween where the antenna and the tower is I can't get a reliable signal if any. When we lived at our house we got great signals with it. I just placed an order for the Zenith Silver Sensor after reading what yall wrote about it. I ordered from Value Electronics. I figure that I keep directing everyone there I might as well buy from them too. :) I called and was told that it would be easier to order this antenna online on their site. I just hope the discount gets applied.

I just got in my Silver Sensor antenna that I ordered from Value Electronics!! I would highly recommend both the antenna and VE. They made sure my order got to me quickly. Great job guys and gals!!

I can pick up the OTA channels pretty good now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)