xium antenna "dish looking"

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I ran across a "new breakthrough" antenna for OTA reception. It looks like a gimmick to me but i have seen so many. It claims to eliminate the need for those "Big Ugly Yagi" antennas. I kind of echoes that old sound of my neighbors talking about my c-band dish when they got their pizza dish subscriptions. The pizza pan has its place but is limited in choices and nothing is free on the pizza pan.

anyway, this antenna looks like a pizza pan dish that claims to receive uhf/vhf/fm/cb/shortwave according to their ad. I personally with a lot of experience in ham radio, tv antenna and satellite dish installation do not believe that this one antenna could be good for all those purposes without some serious compromise.

take a look and tell me what you guys think. www.goxium.com:)

The physics of electromagnetic wave reception have not changed.

The best antenna is a half-wave dipole and it can be made better with directors and a reflector.

Anything that looks goofy will give you goofy reception.

The antenna you are looking at might be as good as a coathanger or a tin can, but it is never going to work as good as a REAL antenna that looks like a REAL antenna.

why in the world would somebody build an obviously directional antenna, then advertise as omnidirectional. Looks like junk to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)