XM Antenna cable and how long can it go?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PhuckNut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
I am moving my office in my house from the western side to the eastern side which has windows that would allow for my XM PCR antenna to face the proper direction for the reception. Something like southwest or south east is the correct direction.

So, the theory I had was to run an antenna wire, from the new location of the PC to the side of the house with a proper exposure and then use an outdoor antenna to connect it and then possibly mount it on the side of the house. I might also try and force the antenna to work out a back window of the house.

All of this is going to happen on the second floor, so roof access is not that bad as well as a full sized walk in attic could be used.

The bottom line question is that with wiring this, it might go something like 30 or 40 feet considering its going to go up a wall, then across a wall down a wall and so on to get to its destination.

Any thoughts ?

when i did the XM kiosks at the malls , the run of coax they provided was 200 feet. no problem with reception.

you will be fine at 40 feet

dragon002 said:
when i did the XM kiosks at the malls , the run of coax they provided was 200 feet. no problem with reception.
you will be fine at 40 feet

Awesome guys ... thanks.. I will be able to get all set up before I move the office so I should have no down time :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)