Yesterday Was Not A So LUCKY Day

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Took down and the replaced the 1M dish with the smaller dish yesterday, I was not getting anywhere with it. After taking it down, I opened the motor and secured the LNBF stud now it does not come loose as before, I also tightened two loose allen head bolts inside the motor casing, mybe that is part of the problem, for right now the dish is stored in the shed.

Had the small dish working within two minutes, using the same hardware LNBF, Cables, switches and of cource the microHD. Will work with the 1M dish later on and see if those two loose bolts had something to do with not being able to lock into the satellites. The pole is very well marked so I should be able to re-install the dish as close to where it was.

The allen bolts behind the warranty seal should not be tightened, as they are the backlash adjustments. If they are tightened completely, the motor will not move.

The allen bolts behind the warranty seal should not be tightened, as they are the backlash adjustments. If they are tightened completely, the motor will not move.

Tron, the bolts that I tightened were in the inside of the casing, not the ones behind the warranty sticker seal. These two bolts were holding the motor, one was fairly loose the other was not snugged.

It rained last night so my backyard is a swamp, hopefully tomorrow I will ge the chance to work with the larger dish.

I have just set the 1M Ku band dish project aside for now. With all the previous rain that this area experiernced in the last weeks my backyard ground got over saturated and it has affected the pole alinghtment therefore after installing the 1M dish the last time, I bubble checked the pole and it is out of kilter....Going have to replace the pole with a much deeper in ground.

Louisiana water table is very shallow and this dish is a bit too top heavy for the pole, the pole was not bury deep enough and it moved out of alightment....The pole worked perfect for the small dish, but not anynore.

The weather got cold so I called it a day....
If you have no signal on 110, try taking a receiver outside, eliminate the cable and the motor as culprits before swapping out lnb.
BTW; it is warm here -11f at 8am this morning...:) DCP_0394.JPG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts