How things have changed

Comcast and DirecTV are about the same totals in pricing.

Yet, the 3 of them account for the majority of subscribers leaving Traditional Paid Live TV.

Keep paying more and more for less and less new scripted content and a bunch of reruns that are available for free on services like Pluto TV.
And news and sports, which is really all my parents watch anymore.

And news and sports, which is really all my parents watch anymore.
Once MAX added CNN, that was the final thing I needed to decide to cancel.

Until September, then back for ESPN/Big Ten/Fox Sports, since College Football /Big Ten/NFL is so spread around the other services.

We dropped a $147/mo Dish bill in favor of an ~$75/mo YTTV bill. Haven't looked back or felt like we're missing anything.
Wait till the next step, when you realize all that content on YTTV is available on the streaming services, plus all the streaming shows/movies, in better quality and less expensive.

How it was for me, Cable/Satellite, then Playstation Vue/YTTV, to just the services like Paramount+ and the rest.

But, one thing for sure, if my wife was still here, definitely would still have YTTV, streaming services only would of been a step too far for her.

Wait till the next step, when you realize all that content on YTTV is available on the streaming services, plus all the streaming shows/movies, in better quality and less expensive.

How it was for me, Cable/Satellite, then Playstation Vue/YTTV, to just the services like Paramount+ and the rest.

But, one thing for sure, if my wife was still here, definitely would still have YTTV, streaming services only would of been a step too far for her.
I do understand why you're separating YTTV from the other streaming services, and I also understand that my wife is still getting used to using YTTV and a few other streaming services. We both have our favorite "live" shows we prefer, and since those are not available to us except on YTTV, we'll stick with it for awhile. Neither Peacock nor Paramount+ carry our home NBC/CBS stations, so they're not an option.

I do understand why you're separating YTTV from the other streaming services, and I also understand that my wife is still getting used to using YTTV and a few other streaming services. We both have our favorite "live" shows we prefer, and since those are not available to us except on YTTV, we'll stick with it for awhile. Neither Peacock nor Paramount+ carry our home NBC/CBS stations, so they're not an option.
That surprises me, I thought they carried all markets, like they do here in Orlando, I just never watch them live except for Football.

As far as certain CBS shows, prefer watching them next day, since a lot of them are in 4K on P+, plus commercials are gone.

That surprises me, I thought they carried all markets, like they do here in Orlando, I just never watch them live except for Football.

As far as certain CBS shows, prefer watching them next day, since a lot of them are in 4K on P+, plus commercials are gone.
When we moved around more, we did find many places where could get the local outlets, including from Orlando when we were at Salt Springs Recreation Area. But not all locations...

Reactions: ncted
Back to how things have changed, this is from my former home state-

There are just 1.29 million households left in Michigan that still pay for cable TV, according to an annual report by the Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC).

That’s the lowest figure the state has ever reported. And considering that Michigan has more than four million households, it means that less than a third of residents pay for a cable service.

Reactions: Bobby and NYDutch

Peacock, Netflix, Apple TV bundle price

Bally Sports RSNs Are Reportedly Preparing For Bankruptcy