0 of 0 tuners available

ak99

Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Sometimes when on the joey I look at the TV activity screen I see 0 of 0 tuners available. I can still watch the current channel but can't change channels. When I check the diagnostic screens it shows the joey linked to the hopper. The fix is always several resets. It will work fine for a week then act up I am currently on my 7th reset of the day.
The dish support always tells me to do a reset, not helpful.
BTW reset 7 didn't work doing #8 now.
WIN_20200425_21_07_36_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200425_21_07_59_Pro.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I've been having all sorts of trouble with my Joey 2.0 linking to my Hopper 3 since the last update. I will turn on the Joey's TV at 4am (insomnia) and it shows the screen you show. But on mine the Joey is not linked anymore. So I reset the network via the Joey. It says it's successfully linked but it didn't. A reset of the Hopper and an unplug of the Joey is required.

One night last week the Hopper 3 was clobbering my home network good in this state. I didn't realize what was doing it until I reset the Hopper and the network traffic went quiet again.

This behavior is all new.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I've been having all sorts of trouble with my Joey 2.0 linking to my Hopper 3 since the last update. I will turn on the Joey's TV at 4am (insomnia) and it shows the screen you show. But on mine the Joey is not linked anymore. So I reset the network via the Joey. It says it's successfully linked but it didn't. A reset of the Hopper and an unplug of the Joey is required.
Same with my Wireless Joey and the Hopper 3.

Same with my Wireless Joey and the Hopper 3.
That's another stinker. Thanks for the info; good to know. I find the DD+ does make a noticalbe difference to enjoying the content such as movies and TV shows, and especailly with how rotten streaming audio can be.

BTW I should have made clear that HD10+ is the better lower license fee alternative to DolbyVision because the HD10+ is also "adaptive", the one thnig the older HD10 could not do that DBV could do. So, no real reason for higher cost Dolby licensing to stand in the way of deployment and enjoyment of HDR

I am actually having the same exact issue on 1 of my 4 Joeys. This is a Joey 3 and my others don't have the same issue. About once a week I'll get the same 0 of 0 tuners available and the only fix is a hard power cycle. I'm following this thread if anyone has a fix. BTW, this is NOT a wireless Joey, it's wired.

That's another stinker. Thanks for the info; good to know. I find the DD+ does make a noticalbe difference to enjoying the content such as movies and TV shows, and especailly with how rotten streaming audio can be.

BTW I should have made clear that HD10+ is the better lower license fee alternative to DolbyVision because the HD10+ is also "adaptive", the one thnig the older HD10 could not do that DBV could do. So, no real reason for higher cost Dolby licensing to stand in the way of deployment and enjoyment of HDR
I am not sure of the relevance to this thread, but thanks for the info just the same. Hopefully, we will all be enjoying new 4K HDR Wally receivers soon. ;)

Wanted to get this back on topic and see if anyone has a solution? I've checked the Coax running from the receiver to the jack and it's got the ends the Dish Network tech put on them. In addition, the end inside the wall jack is also the one the Dish Network tech had put in. Cable seems to be in good condition and it's only this 1 Joey out of many that's giving me problems. Could it be a bad receiver, bad software or definitely a wiring problem somewhere?

Thanks!

Cable seems to be in good condition and it's only this 1 Joey out of many that's giving me problems. Could it be a bad receiver, bad software or definitely a wiring problem somewhere?

If you have more than 1 Joey, you could swap locations and either determine that it's the Joey, or that it's the wiring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)