0% Signal with Twinhan 1041 card

Status
Please reply by conversation.

m4221

Original poster
Oct 28, 2009
USA
Recently, I setup a FTA system using a twinhan 1041 card with an invacom qph-031 LNBF. The cable run is about 120 ft with 20 ft as RG-6 and 100 ft as RG-6 quad shield.

I get absolutely no signal using the software provided by the manufacturer. I switched out LNBs with a DirecTV LNB to see if it was the culprit. There was no difference. I also reinstalled the drivers multiple times with no change in symptoms.

My questions are as follows:

1. What could be cause the card to not receive a signal, even a garbage signal?
2. Should there be some noise in the signal level?
3. What can be done to remedy the problem?

Thank you!

Had one of those cards, but memory is not reliable. You should have a screen that shows signal and quality (depends on software). Signal is sort of a misnomer, it's more like LNB activity. Any LNB attached to the card should show some signal. Quality comes later when you get your dish aimed and peaked on the satellite(s).
Anyway - if you have no signal, the card is not seeing the LNB. Causes are few; Is the LNB voltage on? Is the cable or connector(s) open or shorted?, rarely; a bad LNB.
Take a short piece of known to be good cable and hook your LNB to the card right there at the computer to see if you get any signal indication, obviously you'll get no quality, but signal should show the LNB.

GL, Eric

Last edited:
Did you setup a sat system before with a regular Sat STB? That's the suggested place to start. In your case, check in Dish Setup that LNB type is set to SINGLE, and LO Frequency to 11250. Make sure, you selected correct DiSEqC Switch port as well, or connect your coax cable directly from the card to the LNB. PM Admin to move this thread to PC DVB Discussion Topic.

I just tested the DirecTV LNB with a short coax cable and the software still registers with no signal (0%). I set the LO frequency to 11250 and still got no result. The DirecTV LNB is a TERK Dual LNB Model TLNB-10.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)