$1,000 for a DVR is ridiculous

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The real test will be how fast can they get through the top 50 DMAs. Not everyone is in the top 12, and there are a lot of televisions in the top 50 markets. I've been with D* for quite a while, but Cox cable is starting to look attractive, and considering they already have a lease for HD DVR.

cr0mag said:
The real test will be how fast can they get through the top 50 DMAs. Not everyone is in the top 12, and there are a lot of televisions in the top 50 markets. I've been with D* for quite a while, but Cox cable is starting to look attractive, and considering they already have a lease for HD DVR.

I'm pretty sure that the top 60 markets will be up and running between the first of the year 2006 and summer 2006 and by that time many more national HD channels will be availabe along with a multiroom HD DVR that would be rented to customers with no upfront costs. With all that said this will be one fun year coming up when it comes to cable and DBS fighting this out tooth and nail.

rad said:
The first group of DMAs to receive local HD channels is: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston, San Francisco, Dallas, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Detroit, Houston and Tampa. These markets represent nearly 36 million homes or 32.8 percent of all U.S. TV households. Additional markets to receive local HD programming this year will be announced at a later date. Today, DIRECTV offers local channels in standard definition in 130 markets, including these 12 markets.

WOOOHOOOO! As a Metro Atlanta subscriber, I say it's time to subscribe to this thread!! :D

If only 6 million people have HD televisions then that is about 1 in 18 somewhere in there. Not all of those with HD televisions are going to want the HD locals right away.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts