1.2 m dish for C Band????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bloomdog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
I plan on setting up a 1.2 M dish this weekend. Will I be able to get any C Band with it--i.e. is it worth buying a C-Band lnb?
Gracias!

It is interesting as a HOBBY to try to catch C Band Signals (and yes you can pick up some on a 1.2 meter dish) however if your looking to watch C Band programming then your going to be disapointed.

Thats my 2 cents. :)

If it comes down to money, go with you best decision on that one.

If it's neighbors, get a 1.2 meter.

If you don't care, get a BUD.

Personally..I'm still not sure what to do. Your in my boat as well. Maybe if I throw out my coordinates maybe Pete would have an opinion. 26.2 north 80.1 west. Location location...as they say in real estate.

I would think it would be worth getting a C-band LNBF to use with 1.2m dish

I started with a 40" Primestar dish and got great signals on a handful of C-band channels, best one was ASN on the Anik F1R satellite @ 107.3ºw

http://www.lyngsat.com/anikf1r.html

Of course you want at least a 6' dish for C-band but you will certainly do better than I did with my 40" dish.
And remember rain fade is not as much of a problem with C-Band.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=39119

Weather permitting I will be playing some more with my minibud setup, I will let you know just what i get.

I have a 1.2 m dish in central Florida on PAS-9 and get outstnding receptioon on CCTV and NHK but no DW-tv or Cubavision as unfortunately with the small dish 3840 has intereference which I have not been able to overcome yet - tried an Norsat 8115 and it kind of helped in that I have a stronger signal, but still tiles. Tried a Buzz 2010F - what a laugh. It was not only no help, but not as advertised, at least for C Band use.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)