1.2M Fortec dish and a 621-2 C/Ku LNBf - success?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's what I'm going to do. All I need the 1.2 to give me is TVU, anything else I can get with it on C band is just a bonus. I've had a couple people confirm that the TVU/Spirit mux on amc3 is obtainable with the setup I've mentioned. The purpose of this thread was to get some opinions on the C/Ku LNBf in combination with the 1.2meter dish. I've got my answers now, thanks PSB, thanks MrTim. Big project at the moment is finding a suitable location for this 1.2meter and digging a hole for it without making it look like "That place by the water tower with all of the satellite dishes" according to my wife. She's talking about the cable co. head end.

Has anyone tried it yet? rdel, you might want to look at this interesting thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=32726

I found this on another site. It has really given me inspiration to break out my 1.2m channelmaster to see if I can get similar results! PDF format,with great info!!! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• C-bandWithaKu-bandDish[1].pdf
    558.4 KB · Views: 708
bidaw said:
I found this on another site. It has really given me inspiration to break out my 1.2m channelmaster to see if I can get similar results! PDF format,with great info!!! :rolleyes:

That's a nice article, but I really was irked by comments "one day Vito decided to see what putting c-band lnb on 1.2 dish would do". I think credit should be given where credit is due.

I think all the credit for recent mini bud experiments goes to Cascade. Sure it was done before, but this recent resurgence of it was IMO all started when Cascade decided to try it and he posted a nice review that got us all interested.

Just my 2 cents (or whatever that would equal to in Canada since Tony and Vito are Canadian :) )

vj9999 said:
That's a nice article, but I really was irked by comments "one day Vito decided to see what putting c-band lnb on 1.2 dish would do". I think credit should be given where credit is due.

I think all the credit for recent mini bud experiments goes to Cascade. Sure it was done before, but this recent resurgence of it was IMO all started when Cascade decided to try it and he posted a nice review that got us all interested.

Just my 2 cents (or whatever that would equal to in Canada since Tony and Vito are Canadian :) )

Well said! I was just about to say the same thing! Looks like someone has been reading SatelliteGuys.US :D

Another :up for Cascade :)

I have a quick question, I can make the c-band lnb fit on my dish but how do I get the lnb to change from Hor to Ver and back using a fortec classic na? ( HELP )
The nets on G16 are on Hor freq, so how do I make sure the lnb is set to Hor?
Thanks Guys
rdel

The BSC621-2 LNBF is a voltage switching LNBF, so its works just like a regular LNBF

V =13v

H=18v

Thanks PSB
But what about a normal c-band lnb? (I have two in my garage)

"Most communications satellites maximize their use of the limited frequency spectrums assigned for satellite communications by overlapping the transponders, with their polarization switching from one sense of polarization to the opposite sense every other transponder. This allows twice as many channels in the same amount of space. In order to select the correct polarization, most feedhorns incorporate a small probe that is rotated until best reception is obtained.

The probe is rotated by means of a small servo-motor which is powered by the indoor receiver or IRD."

Attachments

• feedfvw.gif
    feedfvw.gif
    36 KB · Views: 124
  • lnbfeedd.gif
    lnbfeedd.gif
    49 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
I have a couple of c-band feedhorns laying around the house, What do you think of using a standard c-band lnb on a four foot dish? Has anyone tried it yet?
Thanks
rdel
I tried that a couple of weeks ago with some success, I was using an older c band lnb that i had laying around. I was able to get DVB signals off of anik 1 with no problem, but that is as far as I went with it.
I have a quick question, I can make the c-band lnb fit on my dish but how do I get the lnb to change from Hor to Ver and back using a fortec classic na? ( HELP )
I manually rotated the polarity probe by taking the servo motor off and rotating the plastic piece the probe is connected to. From what i have read it is a bad idea to touch the probe itself, oils from your fingers will get on the probe and screw up signal.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)