1.2m on c-band question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RidgeRunner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Raymond, Maine, United States
I have a 1.2m channel master that I currently use on ku. I am going to be buying a 410 and I have a c-band dish but I still have snow on the ground. I would like to be able to mess with c-band a bit and use this 410. If I buy a c/lu lnbf and put it on this dish will it work somewhat ok?

I just wanted to be able to mess with c band fta and be able to use the 410 with a sub account. I have clear LOS to 105. Also keep in mind in a few months I plan on planting my 7.5 footer.

Just wondering it will work ok? I know it will be sensitive to rain fade...but just wondering if it will produce and ok picture under normal conditions.

- I don't think a 4-foot dish will cut it on C-band for your 410. It takes a 6-foot. (based on forum posts)
- Ya won't get much Ku out of a dual-band LNBF on a 4-foot dish. Use something like the C2 from SatelliteAV for C-only.

I got excellent results using my 120cm Channel Master dish on C-band, but using a C/KU LNBF the KU signal was greatly reduced. I also don't know how well it would work with a 410 receiver to receive HITS programming.

it wont give you enough signal to be able to view the channels on 105. I tried it with my 4 footer
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpe...-ws-international-ws-ku2c-conical-scalar.html

I tried to see if I could lock 105. As most know there is a subscription offering on 105W and I thought if I could get that satellite with decent results maybe folks could subscribe. Well my curiosity turned to sadness. The best I could lock on a music channel was +3.0 which is just barely above threshold. If it was a video channel it would pixelate a lot. Audio channels play fine. So much for that idea.

It can be done on a 5 footer though. I have an average signal strength of 65-70% here in north FL, on a 5ft solid prime focus dish on the HITS-to-Home service on a DSR-410. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Last month, I was having a private chat with one of our Canadian members about small dishes and HITS.
Think he was using a 5' dish, and while working, was at the lower end of comfortable.
No chance a 4'er would have worked for him.
I believe he'd have been better off with a 6' dish, but he used what he had.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)