1:30pmPacific time-lost signal power,channels,etc.

shelly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2003
It's 1:30 pm Pacific time and I cannot get many of my VaVoom channels. Watcing an action war movie on Equator. Watching Rave while a No signal black screen is superimposed over the Cheryl Crow concert.

Signal Quality 0
Signal Power 100 S/N 0.00

My Quality is usually 98 with S/N around 16.00.

Just checked some more. There's a movie about Stalin on Funslingers, and CNBC is showing on HBOHD, MaxHd and TMCHD.Everything is very screwed up.

Should I hit the power button for 10 seconds or is anyone else experiencing this?

Shelly

Couldn't stand aroound not doing anything so I did a 10 second soft reboot with no results other than losing everything.

Next did a hard reboot by unplugging for a minute. All channels are back and now waiting for program guide info to follow. Been there and done that many months ago and have no problems in that long a time.

Quality is now 97 Power 95 S/N 16.44

Very strange. This just happened to me again at 8:30pm while watching the Cubs game on WGN-HD. I all of a sudden received the 'No Signal' message during the game, but the picture was still there in the background. I switched channels and the message went away. Now, I get all my OTA channels fine, but when I switch to a satellite channel, it's all messed up and the channels are all over the place. Looks like another reboot tonight. I may have to change my frequency of reboots in the poll! :shocked

Seawaves said:
One more reason Voom sucks!

You're way off on this one, Seawaves. Cancer sucks, homelessness sucks, smog sucks but satellite providers all have their problems, which are minor in the grand scheme of things.

The hard reboot restored all my channels. My program guide reappeared within 20 minutes.

I have had Directv, Dish, Bev and, now, Voom for many months.

Voom is, by far, the best for my hd programming needs. I keep Bev for the locals and pbshd feeds from Boston and Seattle, but have said goodbye to Dish and Directv.

Voom picture quality and customer service have been superb for me. This is the first problem I have had with the stb in many months. No big deal. I posted to see if it was a general system wide problem or specific to me.

I assume, Seawaves, that you are not with Voom now. Why stay with a service that you feel sucks?

Shelly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)