1.8 Meter on 110+119...how to do it?

donperry

Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
I'm trying this formula to get an idea of where my LNB's will be placed

Horizontal offset = dish_focal_length * sin(dish_azimuth - new_azimuth)
Vertical offset = dish_focal_length * sin(dish_elevation - new_elevation)

my settings for my area are

110 |119
ELEV 46.8 | 37.9
AZIMUTH 244.7 | 251.2

My focal length is 48 inches (from 6" footer)

I have 110 focused alread and to find 119 the calculation showed:

Hor. Offset -10.1 inches Down
V. Offset 23.5 inches Right

Does this look correct? the 2 foot to the right seems way off. Also, shouldn't the 119 be above the 110?

footnote:
I'm located in jamaica.

I'm trying this formula to get an idea of where my LNB's will be placed

Horizontal offset = dish_focal_length * sin(dish_azimuth - new_azimuth)
Vertical offset = dish_focal_length * sin(dish_elevation - new_elevation)

my settings for my area are

110 |119
ELEV 46.8 | 37.9
AZIMUTH 244.7 | 251.2

My focal length is 48 inches (from 6" footer)

I have 110 focused alread and to find 119 the calculation showed:

Hor. Offset -10.1 inches Down
V. Offset 23.5 inches Right

Does this look correct? the 2 foot to the right seems way off. Also, shouldn't the 119 be above the 110?

footnote:
I'm located in jamaica.

Alice in Wonderland

East reflects west and highest elevation at you location reflects lowest.

The focal length does not change.

When working with multiple lnbs, I brace my arm on the lnb arm and float the second lnb around until I find the signal. Then you can design an adjustable wing arm for the lnb. I've had good experiences using 1/2 inch malleable copper tubing for the arm. It can be hand bent to final position and is sturdy.

Alice in Wonderland

East reflects west and highest elevation at you location reflects lowest.

The focal length does not change.

When working with multiple lnbs, I brace my arm on the lnb arm and float the second lnb around until I find the signal. Then you can design an adjustable wing arm for the lnb. I've had good experiences using 1/2 inch malleable copper tubing for the arm. It can be hand bent to final position and is sturdy.

Ok. If i'm using a sat finder, how do i know i'm not finding 118.8 instead of 119?

let me see if i understand what u mean by high elevation means lowest....does this translate to the one with the higher Elev (110) being the lower LNB?

Ok. If i'm using a sat finder, how do i know i'm not finding 118.8 instead of 119?

let me see if i understand what u mean by high elevation means lowest....does this translate to the one with the higher Elev (110) being the lower LNB?

Highest elevation above horizon. This varies depending on your location. The highest Dish satellite at Jamacia is at 77W (180 degrees south of you). Elevation of other satellites decreases as you move futher east or west.

If you are using a standard 12200-12700 BSS lnb, I don't think you finder will see 118.7 since it is at 11700-12200 Circular FSS. And, if it did, they are close enough that you would be seeing both 118.7W and 119W.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)