1 Camper, 1 Dish 500, and 1 angry chick

rjmiller15

Original poster
May 20, 2007
Maybe you all could help? I am a new RV owner (yes, thank you very much)...and I bought a Dish 500. It seems I have NO problem finding the 110 satellite but can't seem to find the 119 satellite.

I am very frustrated...is it because of trees? I have read other places that it's a difference of 3-4 degrees between the 110 and 119, but I can't pick up the 119. Sooo, should I get one of those handheld satellite finders?

Thanks for any help!

Jennifer

Try lowering your elecation on the Dish, you could very well be getting the 110 satellite on the 119 side of the LNBF.

Just put your hand over the 119 side of the LNB, if you loose the signal on 110, then your elevation is too high and you need to lower it about 3 degrees and move your Dish more to the west.

First make sure you are getting 110 with the approapriate lnb. Cover the one marked 110 and see if you still have it or are getting it from the 119 lnb. If you are getting on right lnb, check your skew. If you are not getting it with the right lnb, then you are off about 9 degrees, you would need to adjust to the left (I think that what it should be, someone will correct me if I'm wrong. If you still cannot get it, then it may be surroundings.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys... :wave maybe you are getting 110 with the 119 Lnb, if you have some foil block off the Lnb marked 119 and see what happens. If you lose the signal that is what's happening. (mark the mount and mast with a pencil so you do not lose this sat) if this is the fact so when you move the dish you do not lose it. And yes those inexpensive meters help out a lot, I take dish's camping all the time and use one...

Maybe you all could help? I am a new RV owner (yes, thank you very much)...and I bought a Dish 500. It seems I have NO problem finding the 110 satellite but can't seem to find the 119 satellite.

I am very frustrated...is it because of trees? I have read other places that it's a difference of 3-4 degrees between the 110 and 119, but I can't pick up the 119. Sooo, should I get one of those handheld satellite finders?

Thanks for any help!

Jennifer

ok..don't frustrated ..We technicians do that..Ok....just tell us what zip code the RV is located in..Then we can give compass angle elevation and skew to set your dish....Use 7/16th wrench,BTW.....Make sure the mast the dish is mounted to , is plumb..Use a torpedo level to determine this..Post your zip and we'll help you out.

also, you can run the check switch test to see which side of the lnb is picking up the 110, if it is not Port 2, then you are not lined up properly. If it is port 2, and you are still not getting the 119, then you may have a tree in the way or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts