1 day good next day not

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tommyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
Why would my quatily be 31% and the next day be 12% on amc7 ?
I`m getting mad at this thing.

Could it be beacuse of the weather outside? If it is snowing or raining there will be fade.

Wholeshoe

Might even be nice at your end and bad weather at the other end!

I would check the dish. My dish at G10 dropped from 60 to 31. Went outside and lo and behold, had to move my dish about 1/8" to the east and got back to 65 :)

I experience difference in signal quality which can't be attributed to weather or dish dislocation. For example, the Tube transponder on G10R is traditionally weaker than the other one with the locals, and varies considerably during evening hours. If the tps vary at the same time and same values, this could be weather related or probably because the satellite itself changing somehow the direction of the beams - I observe the latter very distinctly on AMC3, where PBS HDTV goes unwatchable like a timer every evening around 8-9 o'clock and comes back strong around midnight. But once on G10R I noticed that the Tube transponder had higher quality than the other, traditionally stronger one. That may only mean that the power/beam profile of that transponder has been changed, not anything else.

The so-called 'geostationary' satellites actually do have periodic (regular) wobble in orbit, so for many people down here (on Earth) this wobble has quite a noticeable impact on signal quality during different times of the day. Sometimes, depending on where you are, a careful readjustment of your dish should knock the effect down to barely noticable.

PSB said:
Might even be nice at your end and bad weather at the other end!

Good call PSB, earlier this week cable guys had tiling on I think AMC 10 all over they country, It was rain fade at the uplink site. Never would of thought of that, I would have of just tore my hair our for hours in a Cable TV headend thinking the problem was only mine.

Wholeshoe

weather is nice here in so fla.When i got up today was at 25% on amc 7 now at 11:15pm its back to 12% i have a 10ft dish and a new $20 lnb Eagle Aspen 17k

Do you think a In-Line Amplifier help ?
Maybe lnb needs a little boost?
And if i try it will it hurt anything?

Don't think an inline amplifier would help. What model receiver are you using?

I would try tweaking your dish again. Did you guys not get a few hurricanes in Florida? Maybe your dish setting was thrown off.

Yes we did and i taken the big a$$ think down 3 times. its the pits down up down up

With my new fortec the quality went from 31% to 46%
With this i have to say that the fortec is better then a pansat 2500

Thanks for the report, VERY interesting, good luck with the new box : )

I have found different receiver have different levels of signal need. My NatSat 1000 has a more sensative tuner that my Satwork 3816.

Tommyboy said:
With my new fortec the quality went from 31% to 46%
With this i have to say that the fortec is better then a pansat 2500

Each receiver is different

As an example......I will use Pete's favorite channel...The Fighting Sioux Sports Network :):D

Last Friday's game on the Pansat...75
same line on the Viacast....53

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts