1 dish 4 receivers

Airtechjr

Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
I have a Dish 1000 with 3 LNB ProPlus and I would like to attach 4 separate receivers. Can I add a switch, or must I continue to use 3 separate dishes. I have a 622 and 3 single tuners.

Last edited:
If the 4 receivers are single tuner then you will need to add a DP34 switch. If they are dual tuner receivers then you will have to add a DPP44.

In either case, it is recommended that you replace the DPP LNB with two DP dual LNBs or at least just a DP Twin LNB.

That's good. Just make sure they are labeled "DP" or "DishPro" on them before getting a DP34 or DPP44 switch. Otherwise you'll need to replace them or go old school and buy an SW64 switch.

To use an sw65, all three of the lnb's would have to be replaces with legacy lnb's as well. But that won't work with dual tuners. If OP would put in a DP34, he would have to use two as the 622 would require two coax runs as would any dual tuner receivers. A DPP44 would only require one line to each receiver with dual tuner models using a DPP Separator.

Person not familar with equipment would not know this.

Re-read exactly what I wrote. If it could be construed any other way, then the reader would be to blame for not having good comprehension.

This is why Windows writes their instruction manuals at an 8th grade comprehension level.

I reread this three times, "old school" is really not specific to new people not familiar with Dish equipment.

"old school" could be omitted and the context would stay the same. Here it is again with it omitted:

Otherwise you'll need to replace them or buy an SW64 switch.

The word "Otherwise" reflects what he will have to do as an alternative if his LNBs aren't DP, while "or" reflects what he will have to do if he doesn't replace non- DP LNBs.

Here is another way to read the same message:

"Just make sure they are labeled 'DP' or 'DishPro' on them before getting a DP34 or DPP44 switch, otherwise you'll need to replace them."

The phrase following the "or" should be inferred in accordance with context clues from the first sentence and the first half of the second sentence to indicate that if the LNBs were not DP then he could follow the suggestion indicated in the phrase following the word "or". In fact, the second half of that sentence is explained as an alternative to the previous command of buying a DP34 or DPP44. It is an alternative command stating he could get an sw64 if the first conditions were not met, i.e., the LNBs were not DP. The word "or" defines the phrase as an alternative action.

"old school" could be omitted and the context would stay the same. Here it is again with it omitted:

Otherwise you'll need to replace them or buy an SW64 switch.

The word "Otherwise" reflects what he will have to do as an alternative if his LNBs aren't DP, while "or" reflects what he will have to do if he doesn't replace non- DP LNBs.

Here is another way to read the same message:

"Just make sure they are labeled 'DP' or 'DishPro' on them before getting a DP34 or DPP44 switch, otherwise you'll need to replace them."

The phrase following the "or" should be inferred in accordance with context clues from the first sentence and the first half of the second sentence to indicate that if the LNBs were not DP then he could follow the suggestion indicated in the phrase following the word "or". In fact, the second half of that sentence is explained as an alternative to the previous command of buying a DP34 or DPP44. It is an alternative command stating he could get an sw64 if the first conditions were not met, i.e., the LNBs were not DP. The word "or" defines the phrase as an alternative action.

My point is that if the OP does not know about switches, you cannot expect him to know about lnb's. Using the word "or" usually means choice of two, where as there are three types depending on the situation especially when what may be the third type, while giving the approapriate switch is then passed off as "old school" instead of what installers, retailers and anyone with any type of knowledge knows the model type is "legacy". Sounds like (at least to me, who is not all that technical) it had to be spelled out otherwise the OP has more research to do when person offering info does not give him all of it.

My point is that if the OP does not know about switches, you cannot expect him to know about lnb's. Using the word "or" usually means choice of two, where as there are three types depending on the situation especially when what may be the third type, while giving the approapriate switch is then passed off as "old school" instead of what installers, retailers and anyone with any type of knowledge knows the model type is "legacy". Sounds like (at least to me, who is not all that technical) it had to be spelled out otherwise the OP has more research to do when person offering info does not give him all of it.

That's why I explained what he would need to look for on the LNB to determine the type. He says he has 3 of them on his dish which leads me to assume they are either DishPro or Legacy. I'm not aware of a DPP single or dual, are you?

I'm sorry I didn't write it at an elementary school level of comprehension.

That's why I explained what he would need to look for on the LNB to determine the type. He says he has 3 of them on his dish which leads me to assume they are either DishPro or Legacy. I'm not aware of a DPP single or dual, are you?

I'm sorry I didn't write it at an elementary school level of comprehension.

Dish 1000's do not come with Legacy lnb's and never have. OP have very new equipment, you cannot expect person to know about older equipment.

Dish 1000's do not come with Legacy lnb's and never have. OP have very new equipment, you cannot expect person to know about older equipment.

I didn't go back and re-read the original post. You'll notice I just replied to his post in #3 where he said he has three LNBs.

For the record, I have seen 1000s with legacy. In fact, the last one was a 1000.2 with a "W" bracket and the person intentionally put in legacy on an sw64 because in his opinion, legacy is more responsive than DishPro. I can't argue with him since band-translation technology requires the additional steps of the receiver telling the DPP switch which satellites/polarities to stick on which band.

If he has the 1000.2 with the integrated triple LNB with built-in switch, then the only switch he can add is the DPP44 without changing out LNBs and the bracket itself. DISH states that a DP34 is not compatible with the Triple LNB. (Probably a current draw issue)

I didn't go back and re-read the original post. You'll notice I just replied to his post in #3 where he said he has three LNBs.

For the record, I have seen 1000s with legacy. In fact, the last one was a 1000.2 with a "W" bracket and the person intentionally put in legacy on an sw64 because in his opinion, legacy is more responsive than DishPro. I can't argue with him since band-translation technology requires the additional steps of the receiver telling the DPP switch which satellites/polarities to stick on which band.

If he has the 1000.2 with the integrated triple LNB with built-in switch, then the only switch he can add is the DPP44 without changing out LNBs and the bracket itself. DISH states that a DP34 is not compatible with the Triple LNB. (Probably a current draw issue)

As the OP was asking about switches you have to take his install as new and had someone else put it up and not the OP (he only has 5 posts since this past October so far, would back up my assumption). That being the case, there should have been no legacy lnb's (unless the installer tries to be sneaky and use older equipment and getting paid for new stuff by the customer and/or Dish). The instances you list seem like self-installs and those people used equipment they already owned instead of buying all new equipment.

As the OP was asking about switches you have to take his install as new and had someone else put it up and not the OP (he only has 5 posts since this past October so far, would back up my assumption). That being the case, there should have been no legacy lnb's (unless the installer tries to be sneaky and use older equipment and getting paid for new stuff by the customer and/or Dish). The instances you list seem like self-installs and those people used equipment they already owned instead of buying all new equipment.

Well, the OP did state "or must I continue to use 3 dishes." With the other contradictory statements such as "Dish 1000 with 3 LNB ProPlus", etc. We can't make any assumptions in light of some of the contradictions the OP has made in identifying his current configuration.

Well, the OP did state "or must I continue to use 3 dishes." With the other contradictory statements such as "Dish 1000 with 3 LNB ProPlus", etc. We can't make any assumptions in light of some of the contradictions the OP has made in identifying his current configuration.

But if you take it that the OP can read and "Dish 1000 with 3 LNB ProPlus" is right, you get the idea of what he does not know. The rest of the contradictory statements come as someone who would not know about setting up, lnb types, switches, DPP Separators or additional dishes and coax runs as someone who thinks the fix is a lot harder than it actually is.

If you take in the OP #3 post, OP has one dish with 3 lnb's on it, not three single lnb dishes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts