1 Joey to 2 TV's?

Wow! That's very fancy Charles. Is that what you use?
sktrus I use a HDMI 2x4 switch. I need the opposite of what you require. I need HDMI two input switch with outputs. One input is a Firestick 4K Max and the other is my Hopper 3. I only use two of the 4 HDMI outputs, one to my TV and the other to a RF modulator. The RF modulator goes by coax to my home distribution system then to all TVs. We like to sync Hopper recordings or the Firestick to all TVs. It is only the wife and me. With this setup I can watch TV in my man cave and wife can watch the same thing on a TV where she is located. What ever you get a model with a remote control comes in handy. This is what I have.

Amazon product ASIN B07MD9VZ7WView: https://www.amazon.com/ZAMO-Switcher-Splitter-Amplifier-Extractor/dp/B07MD9VZ7W/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=hdmi+2x4+switch&qid=1639527164&sr=8-5

Amazon product ASIN B082DKVXLYView: https://www.amazon.com/Multicom-MUL-HDENC-C-100-Digital-Encoder-Modulator/dp/B082DKVXLY/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=rf+modulator&qid=1639527213&sr=8-9

We finally upgraded to the hopper and 3 Joeys.
Is it possible to run 2 TVs off 1 Joey" (1- HDMI and 1-component) at the same time, same channel
Not sure if I should try that or change a splitter I see from 1--->2 to a powered splitter 1-->3 and run coax.

Is it a Hopper 3 you have? Why not get a cheap firestick and just use the Dish Anywhere app on the other tv?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have been using a 2 port powered HDMI splitter from Monoprice on my Hopper 3 to feed a Sony D-50 projector and an Sanyo DP26640 for 5+ years.
I feed the HDMI into my Sony STR-DH500 which has three inputs (H3, Blu-Ray player and 4 tuner Tivo Bolt OTA). The output goes to the Monoprice 1X2 powered splitter. Any and all switching is handled by the Sony surround sound. I can watch either or both displays simultaneously.

Good morning Charles;
I use a hdmi splitter, too. Here's my set up. 8 year old 70 inch Vizio tv on the wall. Total 4 hdmi ports. 2 in the center behind the tv.It makes it painful if you ever have issues. Those tvs are too bulky to lift for one person.
hdmi cable from Joey (which is located behind that wall), hdmi cable from bluray player and tv's power cord come thru a hole. The wife didn't want to see exposed cables and equipment under big tv. Fortunately, the remaining 2 hdmi ports are located on the left side of the tv. They are easily reachable. the top port is for Amazon stick. I had only one hdmi port left. I ended up using an hdmi splitter. So, this splitter is connected to bottom hdmi port via hdmi cable. The splitter has 3 input ports on the other end. I have a Roku stick on one. My very old laptop (instead of recycling I kept it to watch mp4,vob movie files I have on an external hard drive) is connected to the second input, and the third input port is available if there is a need in the future.
Whenever I want to watch a bluray/dvd disk, Amazon prime, roku or a movie file from external hard drive I change the hdmi setting with tv's remote. Since I renamed them it is very easy to pick whichever input I want.

The terminology (splitter vs switch) confused me yesterday. two different purposes.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Good morning Charles;
I use a hdmi splitter, too. Here's my set up. 8 year old 70 inch Vizio tv on the wall. Total 4 hdmi ports. 2 in the center behind the tv.It makes it painful if you ever have issues. Those tvs are too bulky to lift for one person.
hdmi cable from Joey (which is located behind that wall), hdmi cable from bluray player and tv's power cord come thru a hole. The wife didn't want to see exposed cables and equipment under big tv. Fortunately, the remaining 2 hdmi ports are located on the left side of the tv. They are easily reachable. the top port is for Amazon stick. I had only one hdmi port left. I ended up using an hdmi splitter. So, this splitter is connected to bottom hdmi port via hdmi cable. The splitter has 3 input ports on the other end. I have a Roku stick on one. My very old laptop (instead of recycling I kept it to watch mp4,vob movie files I have on an external hard drive) is connected to the second input, and the third input port is available if there is a need in the future.
Whenever I want to watch a bluray/dvd disk, Amazon prime, roku or a movie file from external hard drive I change the hdmi setting with tv's remote. Since I renamed them it is very easy to pick whichever input I want.

The terminology (splitter vs switch) confused me yesterday. two different purposes.
Sounds good. Glad you got her figured out. It gets confusing sometimes to get things to work the way you want it.

Reactions: sktrus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)