1 motor 2 visionsat receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lmmau

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
Hello everyone,
I own 2 visionsat receiver and one antenna invacom lnb mototorized by a stab HH90. I would like to know what I can do to have the receivers control the motor. The receivers are in separate room and I have to go in the room that controls the antenna an then go back in the other to see the program...and if I want to chage satellite I have to go back etc... Is there a way that I can avoid to go back and forth like that... The way I am connected at this moment is one of the receiver is connected to the motor that is connected to the lnb, this receiver controls the antenna, the second receiver is connected directly to the lnb. Thank you for your help.

you can only have them both control the motor if you are only going to use one receiver at a time and never at the same time....i have done this before using the loop out port....so the first receiver you connect to the motor and from the motor to the lnb just like you normally would wire it up....the second receiver you connect to the loop out port of the first receiver....you just need to make sure both receivers are never on at the same time, you need to always have one of them in standby mode

Really...I tought there was something to be done to listen 2 different channel on the same satellite or even better use one receiver at the time that could change satellite whenever you want. I do not understand the loop you are talking about. My english is limited as you can see while you reding this... Thank you for the infos...

You can use a dual output LNBF, run two cables into the house, and both receivers would be able to switch channels and polarity independently. However, only one receiver can be set up to control the motor. The receiver you choose to control the motor will connect through the motor to the LNBF, the other would connect directly to the LNBF.

Another alternative is to use a TV transmitter/receiver type device with an IR blaster, depending on how far and number of walls a signal needs to travel. With this setup, only one receiver is needed. I used this setup for over 8 years, until my unit died. With the reduction in available static channels, I didn't bother to get a replacement (I usually just look for wild feeds on weekends). Note that mine only connected to the composite video/audio, for example: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002EXJ8Y/?tag=satell01-20

Also note that other devices, like the microwave will interfere with the transmission of the TV signal, so pop your pop-corn before watching in the other room!

You can use a dual output LNBF, run two cables into the house, and both receivers would be able to switch channels and polarity independently. However, only one receiver can be set up to control the motor. The receiver you choose to control the motor will connect through the motor to the LNBF, the other would connect directly to the LNBF.

thats the current setup he already has!

he wants BOTH receivers controlling the motor!

Wow thank you all for the infos. I will read all this very carefully and see what I could do. Soon as I have a way that work I will come up to tell so if someone needs to do that he will have a "receipe" ...

One ce again thank you all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts