1 or 2 fta systems?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Musher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Well that is the question? First I do have a working system Ku-band only with a Fortec Dynamic sg9120 motor 90cm dish invacom snh-031. Working fine but I want to add the C-band side to my viewing pleasure. I do know I will have to get a 1.2m dish and either a dmx241 or GeosatPro C2 C-band lnbf from what I have read hear. Both of those LNBFs are very good from the reviews.
So should I invest into second system? I'm thinking about an Azbox for the second system. The N-fusion HD I have dose not work with a motor I tried it with the new motor with the factory software and third party software. I works fine if you use a fixed dish system set up with switches.
Right now I am just looking for input only. To bad they don't make an FTA receiver with two tuners and can work two motorized systems independent of each other.

Musher

Do it, you'll enjoy the experience. I'm watching a RedSox game ( In HD, of course) right now on my 4 foot mini-BUD, and there's a decent amount of regular programming you can pick up. It's a good educational experience.
:)

Thanks, I know there is a lot on the C-band side and want to join in too.

Also looking at the Azbox Premiun HD it only comes with one tuner, but looking I found an online retailer in Europe that you can buy the box with 1 or 2 DVB-S2 tuners. But they do sell just the tuner for 59.00 Euros about $80.00 hear. They do carry all the other tuners as well.

Musher

Just my 2 cents worth....I have a Fortec Dynamic as well. I started with KU band on a 30" dish...then added a few fixed dishes. I wanted Cband real bad so I got a slightly damaged 6 foot dish and messed with it for about 8 months and loved it. I wanted some HD stuff and bought the new receiver last. The Fortec is great for Cband to start out...you can always get a Hd receiver at some point. Unless your rich and you can buy it all at once lol...Blind

If you're interested in trying out C band, you won't regret it. Unless limited by local regulations, I would opt for a larger dish than a 1.2m for better results.

I have 2 dedicated setups myself using multiple dishes and receivers all set up for specific programming and recording. Even with it's own DVR to keep track of what and when I want to watch. It's fun and addicting. Once you get into hobby you always want to go further.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts