$10 and $20 HD packs??

Not quite

Well they are not SBC anymore. SBC was bought out by AT&T. I just found out that I have the HD Dish HD Ultimate package and I down graded to the Essentials package cause I never watch those other channels.
SBC bought AT&T and renamed themselves to AT&T. Go to wikipedia vor more info on that.

So let me get this straight, I can dump that VOOM garbage and get all the other channels for $10? Being an original voom customer, I have seen every voom program on every channel 12 times at least. 90% of the shows they are showing are copyright 2002 and 2003.

Please tell me this is true. I'd almost pay them to take the channels away.

Brian

I for one have see the movies that were shown on Hdnet Movies and Universal the first time back 25 years ago. They are nothing but rerun channels from the distant past. THe Voom channels were cool 3 years ago ,but now are nothing but Limited reruns of the past. Two movies a day over and over and over. It is a complete waste of bandwith today. THey should consolidate them down to about 5- 10 channels and share the content between them. I am glad that DISH allowed us to drop the extra $10.00 bill. I get both Universal and Hdnet movies on Directv now that I have added the hd dvr plus pack +extra hd pack -free for 3 months; I will drop them after the free preview is up.

I am keeping HD Ultimate just for NBA TV HD and NHL HD for the most part. I could live without VOOM, Universal, and HDMovies but not the other 2. I do find something to watch on the others occasionaly but not enough to keep them without NBA and NHL.

I am also curious to where any new HD programming will be put. In the Essential package or higher? As one poster put it, if you downgrade and they come around later and add HD programs you might have to upgrade to get what you want. FX, SciFi or whatever might be put in the higher tiered package so you would be "forced" to upgrade just to get what everybody has been screaming to get. So saving myself $10 a month to eliminate Voom and then possibly upgrading later, I don't know! I would rather be able "buy" each channel by themselves and get what I really want. I probably haven't watched Fx or the SciFi channel in years because there isn't any compelling programs to watch. Voom channels are OK but not anything to write home about! Ala Carte is the way to go but will never happen.

I am also curious to where any new HD programming will be put. In the Essential package or higher? As one poster put it, if you downgrade and they come around later and add HD programs you might have to upgrade to get what you want. FX, SciFi or whatever might be put in the higher tiered package so you would be "forced" to upgrade just to get what everybody has been screaming to get. So saving myself $10 a month to eliminate Voom and then possibly upgrading later, I don't know! I would rather be able "buy" each channel by themselves and get what I really want. I probably haven't watched Fx or the SciFi channel in years because there isn't any compelling programs to watch. Voom channels are OK but not anything to write home about! Ala Carte is the way to go but will never happen.

Since HD Essentials is the package that has all the HD channels that have comparable SD channels, once USA-HD and Sifi-HD are turned on, those as well as others that have comparable SD channels will most likely be added to HD Essentials. Any new HD channels added that do not have a comparable SD channel like Mojo-HD, MGM-HD and SmithsonianHD etc. would likley be placed in HD Ultimate. This is how D* does it with HD Access and HD Extra and many cable companys also have 2 tiers of HD that do something similar to this, their is no reason that E* will do it any differently in the future. I would not be surprised to see E* add another tier to the $29.99 Dish HD standalone once they add over X amount of new HD channels however.

What's the difference between Ultimate which is $20 and Dish HD which is $30? Is the Dish HD a standalone meaning I can get rid of my top 200 package for HD Only?

How can they still claim this:

DishHD is America’s LARGEST HD programming lineup with over over 200 hours of high-definition programming each day! You’ll also get the most commercial-free programming, 24x7!