10' channel master dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I have a line on a 10' channel master fiberglass dish. Would this dish have a Ku advantage over a 10' mesh? If I get it and set it up I would like something that gets all Ku feeds. These 3' dishes aren't cutting it for a lot of the weaker Ku feeds. I would like to get a dedicated Ku lnb setup for this dish if it is worth it. Does anyone have any comments of the quality of this type of dish? It is fiberglass and breaks down into 4 sections.

I have a line on a 10' channel master fiberglass dish. Would this dish have a Ku advantage over a 10' mesh? If I get it and set it up I would like something that gets all Ku feeds. These 3' dishes aren't cutting it for a lot of the weaker Ku feeds. I would like to get a dedicated Ku lnb setup for this dish if it is worth it. Does anyone have any comments of the quality of this type of dish? It is fiberglass and breaks down into 4 sections.

It depends on what size mesh is embedded in the fiberglass. It may or may NOT work with KU. If it's a Channel Master, it probably will work with KU, but you can't know until you try it.

Typically, a 10 ft prime focus dish only does about as well as a 3 ft off-set KU dish, on KU that is.

Name dropping

You might get input from ACradio. He has both 8' and 10' versions.
Stogie5150 has a 10'er, too.

Dual band ortho feeds are expensive as are their LNBs.
The dual band LNBFs which suck so badly on 4' & 6' dishes seem more tolerable on bigger dishes. (10' +)

There are some serious Ku-ers who run 6' offset Prodelin or 8.5' Birdviews exclusively for Ku! ;) :up
6': Stogie & Phlatwound
8': Pendragon

Last edited:
My 8' Channel Master worked fine with a ku sidecar lnb. I'd hazard a guess that the 10' is similarly constructed and would work fine too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts