10' CM Perf on AJAK H180

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
My new dish. I decided since my satellite junkyard is leaving, I would find me a new dish to replace the Laser C/Ku. I decided on a 10' Channel Master Perforated with an AJAK mount. :) I have a choice of two AJAK H180s to use. The one I don't use will be for sale. :) I also picked up a 1.2M Fiberglass Ku offset dish for future considerations. I'll pick up the parts tomorrow and start my new project. yippee!! Pictures to follow.

Well I'm born lucky or truth is stranger than fiction. While I had always intended to use an AJAK mount under a 10' dish I had not picked the CM first. I asked my buddy if he remembered what dish was on those AJAK mounts, but he had forgotten. The first dish I picked had a damaged/missing panel and while looking for another panel I came across the Perferated dish. I jumped on it :) While gathering up other parts I came across the bolt kit that was used on this dish and lo and behold this is the very dish that was mounted on one of the AJAKs. Well I don't have to worry about configuring the dish to fit the AJAK anymore. The dish fit nicely in the back of my Subaru for the ride home.

Can't get the pics loaded for some reason :(

Can't wait till you figure out the pic problem.

CMperf 004.JPG CMperf 010.JPG CMperf 012.JPG CMperf 009.JPG CMperf 017.JPG

I found it!! Now what do I do?

While cruising for some 1.2m fiberglass dishes, I got to thinking about the other AJAK I have and what happened to the dish on it? Supposedly it was a Uni-Mesh brand. Well I was checking out the big stack of quad panels and found the Uni-Mesh that was on the other AJAK. It's a big beautiful 10' perforated dish. And heavier construction than the CM perf. The AJAK mount has a infinate declination adjustment were as the other AJAK is fixed declination. Which one do I choose? Both dishes appear to be in excellent condition. Of course no matter the choice will I always think I should have chosen the other? LOL

Like we told the guy who was choosing between Birdview & Paraclipse:
B O T H !

Then we can see what you think of the flatter dishes, compared to your deep-dish Winegard! :up

Actually, I might put a 4- or 6- foot Ku-only dish on the infinite-declination Ajak. ;)

No wrong answer

The ChannelMaster on the right, looks bigger than the Prodelin on the left.

From what I've seen on others, the Prodelin sometimes has a more interesting feedhorn.

So, . . Get B O T H . . . And have a shoot out.
Maybe one will fit better onto a motor ... and the other will be a dandy fixed dish.

I brought the 10' Uni-Mesh Perforated home today. It's seen more use then the CM. I took some more pictures of a lot of the stuff and posted them in the CL thread. My buddy showed me a homemade actuator he built from a handcrank and a copy machine motor It took 7 minutes to go from E ~ W. He operated it with a toggle switch.
UniMesh 023.JPG UniMesh 019.JPG UniMesh 020.JPG

Well it looks like I'll be doing the Channel Master Perf after all. I outfitted my test stand with a 3" pipe to hold the AJAK and began derusting and cleaning the mount and dish ring.AKAK2clean 013.JPG

It shouldn't disappoint

I cant quite place that dish.
Never could tell 'em all apart.
Is it shallow, or "deep dish"? :)
Anxious to see how it performs for ya.

At least we can agree on one thing: the Ajak! :up
That won't disappoint.
Best of luck.

I outfitted my test stand with a 3" pipe to hold the AJAK and began derusting and cleaning the mount and dish ring.
Wonder if you've given any thought to increasing the number of counts on the Ajak?
They did a clever job finding 10 counts with just 5 magnets. :up

I never could see my way clear to attempting 20 counts on 10 magnets.
I would go 20 for 20.
Should we talk?

Since the weather is not good for working outside and painting, I may spend some time thinking about that. Do some research and see what I can come up with.

How hard would it be to make a new magnet wheel and cover disc (which has the reed switch)?
I hate to risk destroying the original stock parts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)