10 dsr 410 on ebay

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The $119.99 buy it now + shipping price tag is kinda high since you still have to spend $35.00 more to get SRL to clear it. You can get it already cleared from Skyvision for $129.00 when in stock. Any bids of 50.00 would be too much IMHO.

Well, it also says make offer! :cool:

How much is shipping through Skyvision??

Well, it also says make offer! :cool:

How much is shipping through Skyvision??

Skyvision Satellite Equipment

My 922 4DTV was $27.00 from Skyvision for shipping. 410 is around $24.00 if I recall when I got one for a client years back. Price paid all depends on how bad someone wants one and is willing to pay. This will kill you all. A friend of mine found a 410 for $3.00 at a garage sale last week, works fine and has the 4160 EMM provider for HITS in it already :D So overpaying is needed only if one is desperate.

This same ad was on early last week, but dissappeared with 8 still available.
You will recieve either Motorola or G.I..

I see no reason why you wouldn't get stuck with a dead one. Too much $ for a pig in a poke.
It is possible no colors in menu. If receiver doesn't see satellite signal for few weeks it becomes B&W. It restores colors after receiving satellite signal.
:confused:

"It is possible no colors in menu. If receiver doesn't see satellite signal for few weeks it becomes B&W. It restores colors after receiving satellite signal."

I had a 922 that I bought on Ebay that did the same thing! The color did come back after I installed it. It still does not seem normal since my other 922 always had color until she died! :(

Greetings. I'm new to this forum, but have had a CBand system for 12 years. I bought one of these 410s...I am about to hook it up....we offered 100.00...shipping was 19.95 (came USPS...nicely packed and seems to work,) and came with the remote...another seller on ebay had a couple at $20.00 plus shipping of $25.00, but they did not have remote (50.00 at skyvision, makes it a push) getting authorization from Skyvision for my 100.00 unit will bring it up to about what it would be to buy from Skyvision, if they had them in stock, if you count shipping. It is still cheaper than using small dishes out where I am...no cable, dial-up internet, lots of trees, so harder to place little dish anyway, if I wanted to get all caught up in that.

I mention this only for the fact that the guy will let you exchange them if they don't work, and seems to be reliable as far as his products working, and seems to take an offer of $100.00. People offered much less, and he didn't respond. YMMV. Considering Skyvision can't seem to keep them in stock, and is limiting buying to 2 per household, it is an alternative for those that want the box.

I am hoping for technical help if I need it...I still have my 905 slaved to my Drake...I've never used a splitter or anything, so this will be a new adventure. Any advice?

wolfgirl

Greetings. I'm new to this forum, but have had a CBand system for 12 years. I bought one of these 410s...I am about to hook it up....we offered 100.00...shipping was 19.95 (came USPS...nicely packed and seems to work,) and came with the remote...another seller on ebay had a couple at $20.00 plus shipping of $25.00, but they did not have remote (50.00 at skyvision, makes it a push) getting authorization from Skyvision for my 100.00 unit will bring it up to about what it would be to buy from Skyvision, if they had them in stock, if you count shipping. It is still cheaper than using small dishes out where I am...no cable, dial-up internet, lots of trees, so harder to place little dish anyway, if I wanted to get all caught up in that.

I mention this only for the fact that the guy will let you exchange them if they don't work, and seems to be reliable as far as his products working, and seems to take an offer of $100.00. People offered much less, and he didn't respond. YMMV. Considering Skyvision can't seem to keep them in stock, and is limiting buying to 2 per household, it is an alternative for those that want the box.

I am hoping for technical help if I need it...I still have my 905 slaved to my Drake...I've never used a splitter or anything, so this will be a new adventure. Any advice?

wolfgirl

If you don't have a LNBF you need to run it as a slave using a high block splitter from the Drake. Once you get a signal into it from W5 call SRL and have them check th UID and let them do what they have to and get a hit. Once you get auth by SRL, SRL will show up in the guide and you can enjoy the 410. I installed a 410 and 6 foot dish for a client over a year ago. I got it authorized at my house using a hi block splitter spitting my 922's signal. I did get the unit from Skyvision so all I needed was a hit. But once that happened everything was good to go. When I brought it over to my clients home I did a dish align and everything has been great.

If you read through this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/4dtv-discussion/169000-w5-fixed-system.html

You can get allot of info.

BTW :welcometo Satguys.

BTW, what do you recommend for a high freq splitter/blocker? I am a newbie as far as slaving too many things to my Drake. I suppose I cannot just hook up the 410 in place of my 905, right? I understand it has something to do with over-voltage to some component in the string, but am confused.

thanks for any and all help!

BTW, what do you recommend for a high freq splitter/blocker? I am a newbie as far as slaving too many things to my Drake. I suppose I cannot just hook up the 410 in place of my 905, right? I understand it has something to do with over-voltage to some component in the string, but am confused.

thanks for any and all help!

Here you go:

Satellite AV - Free to Air Satellite Equipment Distributors - GEOSATpro, Glorystar 888-483-4673

You need to send the power pass port to your Drake and the blocked port to the 410. You need to control the polarity with the Drake. That's the same way you could hook up a DVB receiver using the power block go to the DVB receiver.

With an LNBF output (410) you send either 18 or 14 V out of the satellite receiver. This voltage difference controls polarity. The 410 is set up like that as most DVB and pizza receivers are. C band LNB's get funky when running at a low voltage, 14 volts may cause instability. You need the constant 18v from your Drake to run the LNB. The DC block portion (actually a capacitor) allows the signal to pass but prevents the voltage from the 410 to get backfed into the Drake and also go to the LNB. If voltage from both receivers were combined it could cause the LNB to fail or burn out one or the other receivers.

Did anyone else see on Ebay that lot of 6 new Motorola DSR410 Starchoice receivers that sold for $150??? They were listed last night at 11:07PM CST and bought at 11:29PM CST. They were in Canada so I am not sure what shipping would be to the US. Check it out on completed auctions! I was wondering if the Starchoice recievers are the same as what we need or is there something set up different that we could not get them authorized for our use??? :confused:

Last edited:
Looks like someone knows that 410's are in demand and wants to make a killing on them.

No, what I meant was someone is gobbling them up and will resell them at a nice profit. Especially if Skyvision can't keep them in stock as 12/31 nears.

we are trying to contact him now...the unit I bought does work, but seems to have a short in the power plug :(. Yes, it is fixable, but it would be nice to not have to monkey with it (thereby dissing all monkeys!!! :) )

I will post if he replies/what we can do. BTW, the S/N matches, so it should be subscribable...YMMV.

wolfgirlNW

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)