10 foot BUD price question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

OkiMarine

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2013
North San Diego County
I found this fairly close to me, its a 10 foot mesh dish that was in the yard when this guy bought the house. I'm thinking about getting it for later use since it such a good deal. Am waiting on a reply back from the seller for the brand and model numbers on the dish and motor. Includes everything you see in the pic, no receiver. Opinions on the price? --edit Still can't post a pic, will do later once I've hit 10 posts. Anyway he's asking 100.00 obo. Will give more details once he replies back.

Last edited:
Toucan Man has this nice thread in the C band subforum:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/304781-more-Craigslist-dishes-for-your-perusal
look over the last 4-5 pages to get an idea what we find, recommend, and like.
Of course we're happy to give more info on the specific one you found, once you post pictures or more facts.
To give a baseline, I would say: $0 to $100 is fair & common.
(no, not a typo. Free to $100 is what I would expect)

I paid $100 for a nice "Perfect Ten" 10 footer, along with a Venture ball-screw actuator. Best deal I've made in a long time, and I am quite happy with it.
So yes, that price isn't out of line if it's all in good shape

He just e-mailed me, its a 10 Foot Winegard. Said it looks well constructed. Didn't say what motor was on it. Think I may go look at it later this week if it doesn't sell.

Second what primestar said, Winegard was a good dish. I have a 7.5' Winegard, and it is a very well constructed dish, the dish petals very sturdy, and it maintains its shape very well. And it has the feed supported by struts-not the buttonhook type support.

Roger the Winegard dish as I've got a 10 footer that I've had since 1988 and it's still working fine.

FYI, I paid $100 for a 10ft Unimesh back a couple of weeks ago that is NOWHERE NEAR THE DISH THAT WINEGARD IS!! Kinda wish now that I'd have passed on that Unimesh as it's a button hook LNB mount and appears to be a PITA to setup.

Lone;
I have a 10 ft mesh button-hook that I have been used for several years now with good results. I had no problem setting it up. What problem do you anticipate?

Well, I can't post the additional pictures he send me but I realized that it was posted in another forum. is craigslist http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/ele/3859939116.html The additional photos didn't provide any addition info but an email from him let me know that my explorer won't hold the 5x7 sections he measured x 4 pieces at 5x7. Its near 2 hour drive for me as well, not what I was expecting for a San Diego Post.

Just a thought

Use blankets and strap the petals to the roof?
Visit Harbor Freight for cheap tie down straps.
Dont skimp - buy 8 or more and use them all!

Put the Mount inside the back of your SUV?

And what about the pole?

What are some other ideas?

Got It

sat2.jpgsat1.jpgPicked it up yesterday. Got everything except the pole so that's something I'll have to do once I'm in an area I can use it. Was 101 degrees out or I may have tried digging/ pulling the pole up but after disassembling the dish I was ready to go. Although it appears to be well constructed, the dish itself was pretty light, easily manageable by two of us. The mount seemed to be 3/4 of the weight. After the gas fee and trailer rental, I probably have 150-160 in it.

That should be an excellent dish for you. I never tried KU on the smaller one I have, but the mesh is the right type.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)