10 foot BUD slowly drifting West??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gsatnewb

Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
SW Ontario
Hello Everyone,

I've run into a problem the last few weeks with my 10 foot mesh BUD. I'm not sure why, but each day I have to re-set the position settings on my Openbox S10. The Openbox seems to work fine, and the VBox positioner I use seems to work OK also, but its as if the dish itself is gradually drifting a few notches to the west each day. I've gone out to the dish to try and push it back and forth, and it seems to be holding itself steady without any excessive movement. I had an "Er2" error message show up on the display of the VBox positioner 2 weeks ago, so I reset the VBox by holding the power button while plugging the box in. That didn't seem to stop the drift. I can still get all of my usual channels, but i have to bump the dish 3 or 4 clicks to the east each day to re-program their positions.

Does anyone have an idea what might be going on here? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sensor on your actuator may be going bad, or giving faulty feedback. If your dish is along distance from the receiver (say more than 100' of cable), you could be losing some feedback info to the vbox from the actuator sensor. If you have good cable then I'd suspect the reed sensor in the actuator, but sometimes having too small guage of wire from the sensor will do that too, over distance.

Yep, the V box is keeping counts, but it's not getting all the counts it should be getting. I'd say the sensor is going bad. Since it's just started doing this. If it were from ' the git go' (new install) it could be the wire. I'll put $ on it. Check to make sure the shaft with the magnet isn't moving away from the sensor in one direction, and moving closer in the other direction. Maybe readjusting the 'clearance' there fixes it. (???) I've had that happen in the past. (having to re-calibrate in one direction, not the other)
Er2 = missed expected pulses

My V box will also loose or gain a few counts now and then. Most of the time just moving the dish to the next Position number on the v box and back again will fix the problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)