10 ft dish yurt roof?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim "Spot" Beam

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
Southern Ohio
I saw alternate uses of dishes listed in the past.

Free 10 ft dish with c band only mesh and all the other equipment will be picked up tonight.

So from two freebies I'll get a better mount, much needed mast, and a motor that looks like it came off the Bigfoot Monster Truck.

Any links for an alternate use of the 10 footer or should I just try and sneak it past the township "busybody" patrol?

Tell them you're working for Homeland Security and you need the dish to help you listen in to see in any of the neighbors are terrorist. Tell them if they bother you. you'll point it at there house and listen to see if they have anything to hide.

Al

So...............how does the signal get through?

The wife is getting transfered and we will be moving in about 2 months or so. The first thing I told her is I don't care what knid of house you buy or where it's at, but I am taking the dish. She agreed. The way I look at it, I own the property and I will put up what I want. No HOA is going tell me what to do. Someone tells me my dish is ugly, take it down, what says I can't tell them I don't like the color of their house, paint it.

Diamond Jim said:

The wife is getting transfered and we will be moving in about 2 months or so. The first thing I told her is I don't care what knid of house you buy or where it's at, but I am taking the dish. She agreed. The way I look at it, I own the property and I will put up what I want. No HOA is going tell me what to do. Someone tells me my dish is ugly, take it down, what says I can't tell them I don't like the color of their house, paint it.

I am with you .

But I have been told that it all boils down to if the HOA is willing to sue you ? And pay for the cost of the lawyer .

Wyr

Last edited:
Diamond Jim said:

Are you moving out of IN?

Signal, we don't need no stinking signal

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

I was wondering if anyone else had seen or done anything with unusable dishes. Some posting here once showed a gazebo with a dish skeleton.

The yurt roof idea was really an idea for using a Freecycle 10 foot dish (C only mesh) that came with the motor, mount and mast set (which is what I really wanted). It's got a buttonhook that I can hang a lantern from too.

A yurt is a portable round room dwelling with a dome roof. Based on tents of nomads from Mongolia.

My idea is to place the dish face down, either enclosing it with plastic lattice attached to 2 X 4's around the rim of the dish, or just leave it open with four columns at the joints of the four panels.

Remove mesh and turn it into a cold frame.

Jim "Spot" Beam said:
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

I was wondering if anyone else had seen or done anything with unusable dishes. Some posting here once showed a gazebo with a dish skeleton.

The yurt roof idea was really an idea for using a Freecycle 10 foot dish (C only mesh) that came with the motor, mount and mast set (which is what I really wanted). It's got a buttonhook that I can hang a lantern from too.

A yurt is a portable round room dwelling with a dome roof. Based on tents of nomads from Mongolia.

My idea is to place the dish face down, either enclosing it with plastic lattice attached to 2 X 4's around the rim of the dish, or just leave it open with four columns at the joints of the four panels.

Bingo we have a winner!!

Exactly.

A yurtzebo.

I found this picture of a yurt in outer mongolia.

Clean air, clean living, and a clear shot Horizon to Horizon.

Attachments

• sat yurt.jpg
    sat yurt.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 224
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)