10 ft sami, free

Status
Please reply by conversation.

babcea

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 1, 2007
N.Florida
I was lucky enough to come across this 10 ft sami,A 1 meter primestar dish and 30 ft of rohn tower,the man told me to take it all, so two of my friends and I took it down.The lnb's are gone from the dish but that is no big deal,and it does not have an actuator,it came from an old radio station,so it was a fixed dish.The rohn tower had a parabolic antenna the radio station used to send out there signal,but someone took it before I could get to it,but for free I cannot complain to much.

Attachments

• 102_2083.jpg
    102_2083.jpg
    786.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 102_2084.jpg
    102_2084.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 199
  • 102_2085.jpg
    102_2085.jpg
    961 KB · Views: 213
:D - When I saw the title of your thread . . .
. . . I thought you were offering a Free BUD ! - :D

But, looks like a nice one. Hope to hear more about it. - :up

sorry for the confusion on the title.The people that had the radio station left owing the owner of the building alot of money,so they took everything they could get to easy,and the lnb's were real easy to get.I have a 10ft channel master I am using now,but I want change it out with the sami,I will have to take the actuator from the channel master and put it on the sami,it has a bar on it to make it a stationary dish.

Anything wrong with having 'em both up?
One on the mover, and maybe one stationary for the time being?

The Sami looks really clean, no rust or need for painting! Just pop on a WR-75 flanged Ku LNB and a C-Bander, and you're good to go :) Tower segments are always useful as well, with the coming OTA DTV transition :)

I'm with Anole, put 'em both up! :D

.I have a 10ft channel master I am using now,but I want change it out with the sami,I will have to take the actuator from the channel master and put it on the sami,it has a bar on it to make it a stationary dish.

Nice looking dish babcea, an very clean. now after reading this part of you're post had to get back to you on changing out you're Channel Master dish.

now you're Sami looks like it has a 36" ring which makes a dish more ridged, now most of the CM dishes came with a 24" ring, an some had a 32" back frame ring, I have 1 of each. an that Sami is a better built dish by far due to the larger back frame ring an the extra support ring that is welded in the reflector pannels.

but if you are looking for a gain factor you're 10-ft CM will produce more signal than a Sami will. providing that the CM is well tuned an the reflector is in great shape. back in the day when I used to tune dishes in for a living, the CM dishes always produced more signal than an other mess dish out their, execpt for a Cosmo (12-ft models never tune a 10-ft Cosmo) that was only mess that had beat CM on the IF-sniffer. an I have tuned about every model that their was made. now don't get me wrong a Sami is a great dish, but all dishes same size for size are not equal in DB gain, some will produce more gain than another from a different manufactor.

good luck on you're new dish babcea, just had to add my 2 cents on you're post.

putting up both is not a bad idea,I can have it pointed at 72W,because my channel master's actuator only goes to 87W and then it stops,I have never tried to adjust the limits in the actuator,but I think that is the problem.
The sami looks new,but I know it has been at that radio station for about 3 years,the people that run a video game store there now decorated it to look like a big spider for halloween,and had pink rope lights around it for christmas,she said it was going to be painted like a big bunny for easter,good thing I saved it when I did.LOL
I think I will leave up my channel master,the signal is booming in good on almost all the sats from 87 to 131,with the geosat pro dual satelliteav,and add the second dish,boy is my wife going to be happy now.I will tell her the guys from sat guys said it was OK,and everything will be ok.LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts