10' Kaul-tronic (KTI) Mesh Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
I wanted to find out if this is considered a good quality dish? I got it about 6 months prior form a neighbor a mile down the street for $100.oo . He was so close, i just lifted off his pole with my tractor, and lowered it on my pole.

Would love input about this dish? Any Specs, background info etc....

P1030216.JPG

I'm pretty sure there is a better way to attach links... However, here is a somewhat relevant post from DK_Sat on my 7.5' Echostar/KTI.
Echostar dishes were made by KTI and some by Channel Master. What you have there is made by KTI and it is a 7.5'

View attachment 101993

and here is the thread on my 7.5' Echostar/KTI http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/echostar-dish-rescued.342569/

The Echostar/KTI is my first C-band dish and I've had it in back in service for about 7 months now. Since then, I have had one panel that had popped out because of me (not wind) and took a while to get back into it's channel. The polar mount itself is much heavier than that on my 10' SAMI.

When I first got mine, I wound up removing all the mesh panels for straightening and repair (as well as replacing a portion). Thus far, I've been very happy with the 7.5' KTI and have been hesitant about swapping it out for the 10' SAMI.

I 've had a 7.5 foot KTI for 20 years now and still have the original catalog for KTI dishes. There is no KTI with a buttonhook, they all have a 4 point mount for the co-rotor/lnb. That's not a KTI mount either. Note too there are no panel support rings on that dish. Could be a Kaul-Tronics but that's not the same as KTI.

kti-1.jpg

Reactions: iBoston
I 've had a 7.5 foot KTI for 20 years now and still have the original catalog for KTI dishes. There is no KTI with a buttonhook, they all have a 4 point mount for the co-rotor/lnb. That's not a KTI mount either. Note too there are no panel support rings on that dish.

That's interesting. Thats the brand that was stamped on the lnbf CONE. I thought I saw that embedded faintly on the antenna itself. But, ill get out there and look again. Any thoughts on what brand it might be?

Cones can be misleading in that they can be replaced since essentially all the co-rotor mounts have about the same diameter. Come to think of it, that looks an awful lot like a Radex.

radex1.JPG

Cones can be misleading in that they can be replaced since essentially all the co-rotor mounts have about the same diameter. Come to think of it, that looks an awful lot like a Radex.

I will take a closer picture of the mount.

If you Google "orbitron dish" images you'll see 3 arm or 4 arm LNB mounts on the Orbitron dishes. Why that manual shows a 4 arm mount and then describes a buttonhook is a puzzle. However, after more than 20 years with C-band if there's one thing I've learned it's never to say never. Here's a thread that shows the different Orbitron dishes along with their specs:

http://www.warunasat.com/thread-1126.html

Yea, I did the google search, and noticed the same thing. The polar mount looks like a KTI. But, your right that the big ring where the polar mount attaches to the antenna is not there.

If you Google "orbitron dish" images you'll see 3 arm or 4 arm LNB mounts on the Orbitron dishes. Why that manual shows a 4 arm mount and then describes a buttonhook is a puzzle. However, after more than 20 years with C-band if there's one thing I've learned it's never to say never. Here's a thread that shows the different Orbitron dishes along with their specs:

http://www.warunasat.com/thread-1126.html

I bought my 10' Orbitron brand new in 1988 and it came with a button hook.

Seems like by the early 90s, best I can recall, most if not all manufacturers had went to the 3 or 4 leg arm design. I think that the buttonhooks were bad to sag and cause the feed to get out of alignment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)