Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
was wanting to know who makes this dish and if $150 is to much for it, found it on a local craigslist and it comes with a Toshiba receiver, considering whether or not to get it and looking for some of the experts insight

Attachments

• DSCF0829.JPG
    DSCF0829.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 266
  • DSCF0825.JPG
    DSCF0825.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 269
$5 :)
I paid $250 for a 10' Unimesh, 4DTV 920, and HDD200, then sold the HDD200 for $200 and the 920 for $125. The profit went to a VBox and BSC621. :)

i much prefer free but if in your area they are hard to find then they might cost you a little .... if the dish looks like its in good shape ( and this one does ) and actuator in good shape look or ask what type of feedhorn if its a c/ku corotor then the dish is probably worth it...... i wouldn't be beyond paying something for it .... but they are plentiful here so i've been lucky ( but only a few with a c/ku corotor). the toshiba is a analog receiver and dish mover , going price is usually shipping ( which can be expensive plus a few $$ ) so you can probably get quite a few receivers ( analog) off ebay for a few bux + shipping & handling.

good luck

i emailed the owner to see if he was willing to give it away or was wanting $150 from the post it sounds like a c band only no ku, to get start in C band does one need a c/ ku feed horn?

i emailed the owner to see if he was willing to give it away or was wanting $150 from the post it sounds like a c band only no ku, to get start in C band does one need a c/ ku feed horn?

You can get C-band analog and digital (if you have the receivers) with a C-band only LNB/feedhorn.

was wanting to know who makes this dish and if $150 is to much for it, found it on a local craigslist and it comes with a Toshiba receiver, considering whether or not to get it and looking for some of the experts insight
Hello JMC98,

It all looks good too from what I can see. Can you get a good photo of it from behind to see the mount. Sometimes you will see a little label on the back of the ribs. The actuator looks graet too!!Truckracer says it looks like a sami dish or KTI, both are real good. To me it looks like a Unimesh from the side. The mount may reveal more. I think you got a great find and you also have a reciever to go along with it too. Not bad!

This might help you too. at the top of the SatelliteGuys page is a list of sponsors. Click the Sadoun. Look for a tab first timers or this link below.

Sadoun.com Home: First-Timers Questions

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/FTA-Systems/Page-1-Choosing-Free-to-Air-FTA-satellite-system.htm

• Check out that page should help you. Also click the link for in “Check the installation support page on our website for DIY instructions.”

It will really help you. A ton of answers there and you can always get lots of help here too on this site!!

Anyway I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Tom

:D

That is 100% a 10ft Unimash Dish.

$150 for the dish is not bad a new one is over $650 plus $200 for shipping.

i will probably be getting the dish what do i need to know about disassembling it to take it down., and what satellites can i expect to pick up?

what can I get:
Scroll down on The List to the C-band section.
Our friends at Global-CM have good C-band info, too.

disassembly:
I've read here that putting some PB Blaster (?) on the hardware the day before trying to remove the bolts, is helpful.
Depends on how far you have to move the dish, but maybe...
- take the dish off the mount
- take the mount off the pole
- dig out the pole if you are taking it
- move the dish as is or pull the feed and break dish into two or four wedges, as seems best
- replace any broken or rusted hardware with good quality stainless steel

Mesh is OK for Ku, as long as it is rated for it. You should be fine, I believe the Rule is :
"as long as a #2 Pencil does not fit through the mesh"

My mesh gets super strong KU signals. Don't let the mesh discourage you. I know a solid is better for ku but mesh is still a strong performer.

My PBS feeds on AMC-3 KU peg the meter including montana PBS.
Those seem hard to get for small dish people.

know about disassembling it

i will probably be getting the dish what do i need to know about disassembling it to take it down., and what satellites can i expect to pick up?
Hi jmc98,
Depends on how far you have to get it home. On my 10' Unimesh dish I had a short trip. So I took it off the pole and set the dish in the trailer as it was. I got it home then I did one section at a time and replaced all the bolts in it with Stainless Steel. I was surprised at how many bolts I thought were still good that turned out to be badly rusted. I took off the feedhorn and replaced all of those bolts too. If you do have a ways to go to get it.....follow what Anole told you. It was sound advice that he gave to you. And you will be able to get KU on it too. Just like what Lak7 said ""as long as a #2 Pencil does not fit through the mesh" and what Truckracer said too don't worry about it. You'll do fine with what you got. I think for the most part is getting good Feedhorn like a Chaparral Corotor Plus and good quality LNB'S. Truckracer will probaly tell you about the time he had with bad LNB'S.

Good Luck,
Tom

:D

To me that is too much for one dish... I just picked up 5 dishes and 9 receivers for $50.... I had to drive 500+ miles for those, however. I can probably sell any excess dishes. Unfortunately all were already down and disassembled, but all were working, somewhat, at least. I will have to figure what parts go with what dish! Comcast just came into an area and people wanted the BUD's out. If you are in an area with cable or OTA, I would think you could get C band eq. and maybe KU free.
Where I am, everyone I have talked to, wants to keep the C band. I can get some KU.

Status
Please reply by conversation.