$10 mo for 6 mo offer to stay with DISH vs $764 if I move to Direct TV - which one would you take?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Snoozer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
It's hard to believe that a company's business model is intentionally designed to drive price conscience customers to a competitor, especially with the current trend of consumers "cutting the cord" and a declining loyal customer base. In today's competitive marketplace, neither a company's "brand" nor the features and benefits of its products sit at the head of the table anymore, and I firmly believe that those company's that can't or are unwilling to adapt to the marketplace will not be in business very much longer.

im confused.

oh andt its not always about cost, i am willing to pay more for better service (and lack of losing programming when charlie gets his panites in a wad)

Reactions: Jimbo
im confused.

oh andt its not always about cost, i am willing to pay more for better service (and lack of losing programming when charlie gets his panites in a wad)

I agree with this, I keep getting great offers to come back to D*, yet when I weight the support I have gotten from Dish (especially DiRT) compared to DirecTV, and what I would be giving up going to the Genie, I just can't seem to pull the trigger.

Reactions: satjay and Tampa8
The comparison has no merit. Someone with Direct TV can and does say the same thing so I guess Direct Tv is doomed. You got the steep discount when you started with DISH. I would like to continue having DISH as a choice for a TV provider, I guarantee neither DISH or Direct can give those kind of discounts routinely to all customers. You can take a break from DISH and come back as a new customer after taking a break from Direct. That's how they have structured their businesses and that's how to get the lowest cost.
I also need to see exactly what you pay for now with DISH and what you will paying for with Direct before I agree you are saving $764. Not saying you are not but do you know how many times people post the saving to find out they are not?

There have been hundreds deals in the 14+ years I have had DISH to switch. But then there is a long list of why I don't. They have programming we watch that no one else has unless we do it online, an inconvenience especially because my wife isn't going to fiddle with that after coming home from work.
Then there's the fact in all those years we have virtually never lost the signal for more than the passing storm, or cleaning off the dish for a few snow storms (in Ct). Meanwhile neighbors in both Fl and Ct have lost TV for in some cases a week to week(s) a few times with cable. And lose it whenever a car hits a pole. Their receivers overall have been light years ahead of cable. When I wanted to get HD back when it was first being offered, it was at no charge to me for the new dish being installed or the new receiver, I have never paid extra to get HD with DISH either. There's more but the idea is if I was not happy with the service and felt someone else was better I would certainly switch. If I could not afford the service that would be a reason to start looking for a deal, nothing wrong with that. Otherwise the discounts available by asking combined with being very happy with the product keeps me with DISH. Direct Tv would easily be my next choice but I'm not going to switch back and forth and Direct TV costs way more for what I pay for with DISH.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimbo
I agree with this, I keep getting great offers to come back to D*, yet when I weight the support I have gotten from Dish (especially DiRT) compared to DirecTV, and what I would be giving up going to the Genie, I just can't seem to pull the trigger.
You need support that much ? ;)

lol, see, i look at what going to a hopper as a downgrade from a genie. everyone has diff needs
as far as service. customer service was always good by both for me.
its just the programming disputes i see less of on this side of the fence, they happen, just not as often

lol, see, i look at what going to a hopper as a downgrade from a genie. everyone has diff needs
as far as service. customer service was always good by both for me.
its just the programming disputes i see less of on this side of the fence, they happen, just not as often
And I see the Genie as being great hardware with old software that makes operating it just functional, but not at all pleasurable... :)

with service, I'm with you. Every time I've needed some sort of support with either service, I've gotten at worst good service and often excellent service. And the programming disputes just don't bother me much as there's more on other channels to watch while they duke it out!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)