10 yr discovery in my covered feedhorn!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gizzer777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
none
Well, it has been 10 yrs since I was inside the feedhorn in my 8 ft Wineguard. I thought I had a Toshiba C LNB ....well that was the one PRIOR to the one there now....It turns out that I replaced that Toshiba with a NORSTAT 8000!!!! The drifting I was beginning to get was caused by 4 of the largest Wasp nests I have ever seen!!!! Luckily it is winter and they all were all dead/gone!

Beautiful Picture again! I guess I will revisit the feed horn yearly from now on! Interestingly, there was absolutely no corosion etc! I am a happy camper! Also the weak HBO channels have come up 10 points on the Quality meter making them useable if I were ever to subscribe again...right now Starz is a better deal IMHO

While there, I changed out a bad servo motor....Started to rain just as I was finishing up so I will not install the new Superjack II that I got a great deal on from starlink-dss.com. I only got it since I was able to get a great price and with my lightweight mover coming up on 15 yrs old...figured it was wise to bring it up to speed! (accuracy on the breaks is beginning to fade)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts