$100,000 sweepstakes giveaway from "broke sky angel"

catkoko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
No $ for lifetimers but they can have a sweepstakes to get new customers?

Fill out the form below and be on of the first customers to experience Sky Angel's new IPTV service in the U.S. To learn more about IPTV service you can also fill out the form below and as soon as it is available, we will send detailed information about our U.S.-based IPTV service. For basic information about IPTV click here.
Enter to win $100,000 Dream of a Lifetime Sweepstakes. Click here for more details about the Dream of a Lifetime Sweepstakes.

I read the fine print, located here:
http://www.skyangel.com/Subscription/Index.asp?Reference=DOLS_TC&~=
... it seems to explain that Sky Angel is merely one of many different businesses participating in a larger sweepstakes being held by a marketing firm "Ventura Associates, Inc." - so SA* is not putting up anywhere near $100,000 - more than likely they are paying a small fee to Ventura to participate in the sweepstakes as a promotional tool.

Whether a sweepstakes is a good promotional tool for a nominally Christian business enterprise is another discussion altogether.

To tell you the truth reading the FINE PRINT makes them look even worse (in MY opinion). Seriously , odd of winning 1:12,600,000 and sweepstakes ends 1/31/2008. How many companies run 6 month long sweepstakes?

VENTURE is HIRED (read paid) by Sky angel (and other companies to RUN sweepstakes) Basically an ad agency if you will. See below or go to their website for complete info

Ventura Associates, Inc. Marketing and Sales Promotions

Following are brief descriptions of some of Ventura's recent promotions:

Ventura is a sales promotion agency with a specialty in prize promotions. We offer you a complete range of services related to the development and execution of your promotional programs.

Call me cynical but it amazes me to see people still attempting to find some good left in Sky Angel. It seems like they are getting worse each passing day. I value honesty and fairness much more than my TV service. Even if I had the $ I could not continue my support of them by paying them additional funds for secular or IPTV. If they had instead asked for donations to stay on the air I would have sold something if I had to just to help them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)