$100 MIR on SD Only?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blcklab666

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
I jusT called D* and was given the $250 off, but the CSR told me the $100 MIR is only for SD, but I'd pay no installation (a $49 savings) so almost a wash.

Was she misinformed?

I thought the $100 MIR was for any DVR including HD.

I'm sure the CSR is wrong. Circuit City is advertising their DIRECTV HD DVR for $499.99 after $100 price break and $100 mail-in rebate in today's newspaper.

blcklab666 said:
I jusT called D* and was given the $250 off, but the CSR told me the $100 MIR is only for SD, but I'd pay no installation (a $49 savings) so almost a wash.

Was she misinformed?

By $250 off do you mean they'll sell you the HR10-250 for $349 instead of $599? Or did they credit your account and you can buy the DVR anywhere?

If it's the former they might just be rolling the $100 rebate into the price (and saving you the trouble of doring the MIR routine).

So to get the offer did you just dial up a CSR or go for customer retention directly?

Sell it to me directly for 349. I dialed up customer retention directly and asked nicely.

blcklab666 said:

Was she misinformed?

You were mis-quoted. BTW, you could get your programming credit and purchase your HD DVR from the dealer of your choice, and easily save even more money as we are offering forum members even lower prices.

The lower HR10-250 price starts on 8/1/05.

-Robert

blcklab666 said:
Sell it to me directly for 349. I dialed up customer retention directly and asked nicely.
I'm envious of all you guys. I've tried customer retention a couple of different ways and never gotten anything. Of course, I've only been with DirecTV for 6 months now, so I can see why....

Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
You were mis-quoted. BTW, you could get your programming credit and purchase your HD DVR from the dealer of your choice, and easily save even more money as we are offering forum members even lower prices.

The lower HR10-250 price starts on 8/1/05.

-Robert

Robert - let me ask you this? Were I to buy directly from D*, would they ask for a credit card? Or just apply it to my bill and subtract the credit? I'd love to save money through you and support you as a vendor, but in terms of cash flow, paying less out the door is different than saving money in the long haul through credits.

Smaller chunk of change to initially shell out.

DIRECTV uses a weighted system based on your long term of service, excellent payment record and high $ programming package you subscribe to. I have heard of credits as high as $250 max.

If you buy a HR10-250 from DIRECTV you will pay full MAP, plus tax and $14.99 shipping, less the programming credit. If you go through my company for the HR10-250 you will get the programming credit applied to your DIRECTV bill and we charge your credit card when we ship. You will save about $100. by going through us and get a nice polo shirt and 5 yr extended warranty as well.

-Robert

Gracias

Hi Robert-

Ordered from you guys about 5minutes ago. Thanks for all the useful information and great pricing. Look forward to receiving my HD Tivo.

Lab

I am going to order from ValueElectronics very soon. I talked to someone in Tucson, AZ yesterday and he is getting local Tucson channels, Chicago locals, and also New York local feeds. This way he didn't have to get the Sunday Ticket. He said he just pays extra for the other locals. When I called D* on this, they said I can't do it and the only way they think I can is talk to Customer Service after I order D*. I don't know how this guy got away with this but I wish I could also do it. Robert, do you know if I can also get Chicago locals in Phoenix so I don't have to get the Sunday Ticket?

shramj, you may be able to get the NY and or CA locals if you qualify for a distant waiver, but no to Chicago locals. Chicago locals are sent via a spot beam technology, which only works in the Chicago land area. The signal can not reach AZ.

Sorry.

-Robert

The only channel I can think of that your friend could be referring to is WGN, which is a national superstation anyway.

I also just ordered from Robert at VE. What a fantastic experience this was. Quick and easy, great value, awesome service. I could not be happier with the experience so far. Everything with Robert is FREE except for the receiver (and this is ALSO at a reduced cost). Anxiously awaiting the install, which is only in a few days!!
Just one question, Robert. The DirecTV website doesn't make this really clear, but will I get all of my locals in High Def vie satellite, with no need for OTA? I purchased the high def DVR, have a high def TV, and live in Highland, Ca, which is approx. 40 miles east of Los Angeles.
Thank you, and once again Robert, it was a pleasure speaking with you today, and hope to chat with you in the future.

Robert - do you have any idea when the New Direct TV DVR receiver will be available. I think I read something that it would be available around August 1st. I currently have the Tivo Version, but I was a former Dish subscriber and had their 721, but had numerous problems with it. Thats why I'm anxious for the new Direct TV DVR...their own version. Thanks for the help. And do you have any idea what they would charge to have the DVR - Tivo and their new version? I have their top Pkg and currently don't have to pay a DVR Fee. Thanks for the information.

Jackm said:
Robert - do you have any idea when the New Direct TV DVR receiver will be available. I think I read something that it would be available around August 1st. I currently have the Tivo Version, but I was a former Dish subscriber and had their 721, but had numerous problems with it. Thats why I'm anxious for the new Direct TV DVR...their own version. Thanks for the help. And do you have any idea what they would charge to have the DVR - Tivo and their new version? I have their top Pkg and currently don't have to pay a DVR Fee. Thanks for the information.

I would guess within 4 -6 weeks for the R15.

-Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts