100 National HD channels for DISH in 2008

a2zvisa

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 26, 2004
Visalia, Ca
View attachment 22308Attached is a flyer that was inserted in my saturday morning newspaper on Feb 23rd. Hope this isn't a repeat topic.

Added scan of the fine print. Pretty standard.

Attachments

• 100DishHD2008001.jpg
    100DishHD2008001.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,257
  • 100DishHD2008002.jpg
    100DishHD2008002.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:
yeah they are going to run what they have now on 129 and 61.5 There for they are carrying 100 HD channels, just don't tell you that there is only 50 broadcasted twice :)

Yeah right now there not even 100 National Channels that have a HD version of their channel up and running. Until that happens I dont think we will see that many channels of HD when the Networks get that many up and running maybe then...

You guys above probably know more that me but wouldn't this be likely to be true given that OTA broadcasts will soon all be HD? I mean, wouldn't it be a tough sell for these satellite companies to push SD when the government is mandating HD for all the "free" channels. It would be a tough marketing situation for DISH or DirectTV. I would think in a little over a year that all channels would be HD.

With the satellite space coming, and all the new networks launching HD Versions (Disney/ABC Suite, Nick and others) this year, plus adding all the premium HD channels, and the shady Dish accounting of PPV and RSN's, I see that being a definate reality by the end of the year.

But I also bet theres a small disclaimer in there too

What I find interesting about this campaign is that it is roughly the same as DIRECTV's campaign except that with DISH, you can actually get HD programming for the "starting at $29.99" price.

What I find interesting about this campaign is that it is roughly the same as DIRECTV's campaign except that with DISH, you can actually get HD programming for the "starting at $29.99" price.

Sorry, disagree. At least D* came out and said this is what has to happen, launching of the four Ka band satellites, what oribital slots they would be going to and announcing channels that D* has signed agreements with for what channels would be added in HD.

E* has said 100 in 2008, what channels, what has to happen in order for these channels to be available? Will this 100 channel claim be using the current E* system or will these new channels be on the 'eastern arc' system that Soctt has rumored?

Sorry, disagree. At least D* came out and said this is what has to happen, launching of the four Ka band satellites, what oribital slots they would be going to and announcing channels that D* has signed agreements with for what channels would be added in HD.
And while D* was making announcements, E* was adding HD channels. Okay, the shoe is on the other foot now. E* is making announcements, and D* is adding channels (well, they're in a dry spell right now too). There have been several public filings stating that new satellite launches are going to provide more HD nationally and locally. So, here's a plan by E*, and you're still complaining. E* is and has always been more flexible with their plans than D* has been. That's why they're so much fun to watch. :)

Sorry, disagree.
I don't think we're talking about the same thing.

What I'm talking about is truth in advertising. DIRECTV advertises dozens of HD channels with prices starting at $29.99 when, in fact, the prices start at $39.98 (Family + HD Access) for 45 SD channels and 5 HD channels.

What I'm talking about is truth in advertising. DIRECTV advertises dozens of HD channels with prices starting at $29.99 when, in fact, the prices start at $39.98 (Family + HD Access) for 45 SD channels and 5 HD channels.
Sorry.

You may be right but it's better then E* claiming they have the most HD channels. Plus you forgot HD locals. Not sure about the number of HD channels you get with the family pack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts