100 Reasons to Jailbreak

Bloat ware? There is nothing on an stock iphone except apple software. Not like the droid x I had with madden, blockbuster, and a ton of other garbage. Name one piece of bloat ware on a stock iPhone or iPad .

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I agree. Zero bloat ware on neither of the iPads I've purchased. But would sprint for example add any bloat ware on their iPhones?

I agree. Zero bloat ware on neither of the iPads I've purchased. But would sprint for example add any bloat ware on their iPhones?

I doubt that Apple would allow them to. Remember that the main reason the darned things were exclusive to AT&T was that AT&T agreed to let Apple call the shots.

Yep. One of the main reasons why Android users rooted their phones was to get rid of bloatware (custom rooms was another reason). The main reason iPhone users JB their phones was to install APPs that were not in iTunes. Since the Android market is more open, the APP installation issue is pretty much non existent. Since the APPLE Store is more restricted and APPLE has more control over which APPs they allow, bloatware is non existent.

Yep. One of the main reasons why Android users rooted their phones was to get rid of bloatware (custom rooms was another reason). The main reason iPhone users JB their phones was to install APPs that were not in iTunes. Since the Android market is more open, the APP installation issue is pretty much non existent. Since the APPLE Store is more restricted and APPLE has more control over which APPs they allow, bloatware is non existent.

And because they control which apps they permit, they eliminate a LOT Of CRAP apps. Its not all a bad thing.

Then again you might not agree with their decisions about what is crap and what is not. So no it is not all bad but some folks wnat the freedom to decide and other folks are pleased by having a traffic cop in there.

True. But I rather control what I think is crap for my phone.

I agree to a point. I like the choice but there are already way to many crap applications in the App Store. Just imagine if they let all apps through just like the Android Play (Marketplace).

Not saying I agree or disagree but sharing some alternative views.

5 Reasons You Shouldn't Jailbreak Your iPhone 4S
Definitely something for many to consider (even though these were already known), but for myself and my 3GS (don't have a 4S):

1) You’ll Void Your Warranty - Not an issue if you are no longer under warranty. Like it has been stated it is very easy to hide the fact that you were JB.
2) No More Fast Upgrades to New Releases - Not an issue, really. There is not much more that a new release brings that you cannot already do with a JB. Most of the new features are things that JB have already been doing. Besides, if you can wait a few months to over a year for a new release, I am sure you can wait a few more weeks for the newest JB.
3) No More Seamless Experience - Not true at all.
4) Security - Like anything, one should always be aware of what they install on any of their devices. For the most part Jailbreakers are a little more informed than the average non jailbreaker when it comes to security risks.

Not saying I agree or disagree but sharing some alternative views.

Four Reasons Not to Jailbreak Your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad

1) Goodbye Stability and Safety - Again, flat out wrong
2) You Don't Get to Update iOS as Soon or as Easily - I discussed this in the reply to the other link, but there is something that is also misleading. You will get an update just as soon or as easily as anyone else. You will just lose your JB if you do it before the new JB comes out. As far as the new features, these features are usually already available via JB before APPLE decided to make it part of the OS with their latest update.
3) You'll Be Restoring Often - NOT TRUE AT ALL. You can tell this was written by someone with very little experience or knowledge of the JB process
4) Good Jailbreak Apps are Pricey -They are? If it is worth JB to get these APPs and someone is willing to pay, then it is not that pricey to that person. There are no APPs that are any more expensive than those found in the iTunes Store. It is interesting that the author puts this out, but yet fails to provide any examples of pricey APPs or comparisons to those in the APPLE Store. Heck, the most expensive APPs I have on my phone are all from the APPLE Store. The most expensive Cydia APP I ever purchased was MiWi at $15. Less than the fee to tether (BTW, I haven't tethered since it became an option with ATT because I now I consider it steeling).

Hey, they are other viewpoints, some from legitimate sources, and worth considering.

And for millions of people, warranty is an issue. Sure, if you have a three year old phone, it's not. But for probably 25 million folks or more, it is not a non-issue.

Hey, they are other viewpoints, some from legitimate sources, and worth considering.
Of course there are. Never stated otherwise. That is why I said, "Definitely something for many to consider..."

As for as your sources you linked I critiqued each point made on the links you provided. I made points about how they may be wrong or why they are wrong. I will be interested to see if there are numbers to support the claims they are making, such as the priciness or the restoring issues.
And for millions of people, warranty is an issue. Sure, if you have a three year old phone, it's not. But for probably 25 million folks or more, it is not a non-issue.
I never said anything to the contrary. In fact I even stated, "Not an issue IF you are no longer under warranty."

Last edited:
1) Goodbye Stability and Safety - Again, flat out wrong

I wouldn't say "flat out wrong" with this one. You open yourself up to application repositories that don't have any control and you are more likely to install items that could open up your device to security issues. This is why jailbreaking is not for everybody.

[QUOTE="DodgerKing1) Goodbye Stability and Safety - Again, flat out wrong[/QUOTE]

I was with you until this. I jailbreak as soon as I can when the newest one is released. I am a huge fan, but I always have a bug or small issue creep up when I do. Mainly having to respring after a reboot. Not that big of a deal, but I would for sure call it a stability issue.

I was with you until this. I jailbreak as soon as I can when the newest one is released. I am a huge fan, but I always have a bug or small issue creep up when I do. Mainly having to respring after a reboot. Not that big of a deal, but I would for sure call it a stability issue.

I would be interested to see the actual numbers. As you know, few things are ever 100%. As for me I only had an issue once and that was when I tried to do it at work where it had a difficult time communicating through the smartfilter.

But checking the DevTeam blogs and other JB sites, issues seem few (keep in mind that those with issues are more likely going to post than those with no issues).

I often have to respiring after some Cydia APP updates, but that is a necessary step in finalizing the update (similar to restarting your computer after a Window update).

I wouldn't say "flat out wrong" with this one. You open yourself up to application repositories that don't have any control and you are more likely to install items that could open up your device to security issues. This is why jailbreaking is not for everybody.
The "flat out" statement was directed at their broad use of "Goodbye" as if it is a certainty. There maybe some stability and safety issues for some, but it is definitely wrong to say goodbye to [all] stability (which is how that phrase read to me).

I don't believe you. Apple won't help you if your device is jailbroken. You also blew the warranty by jailbreaking.

Before calling me out.

1- I can have it replaced for $200 FOR water damage at the sprint store. (They will replace it for free if it something randomly stops working that isn't accidental damage)

2- I got the replacement for free at the sprint store for being honest with the tech and not bashing him claiming it was his or anyone else's fault. Yes it was jailbroken, but At least I wiped the phone before taking it to the sprint store.(My phone would turn on, the problem was that the headphone jack and earpiece got wet and wouldn't work)

3- There are NO apple stores in Puerto Rico, Just resellers.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I was in the Apple store this week a few times getting my Macbook worked on. And while I was there a few people came in with iPhones that were Jailbroken that were not working correctly.

Instead of the Apple rep saying "sorry you jailbroke it, no soup for you!" they said "because you applied the Jailbreak we are unable to work on it in its current state, however if you let me restore it to the factory OS and if it still does it after the restore then we will replace the phone under warranty."

I saw this happen twice while I was there over the 4 days I was there.

One rep after he gave the customer a replacement phone even told the customer, if you want to jailbreak it again you can, however if you have issues please restore it to factory software before bringing it in for repair.

I thought it was very cool how Apple handled it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts