1000.2, 622 & separator won't switch off 119

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
Connecting a triple 1000.2 with a single coax to a separator to input 1 & 2 on 622. My checkswitch looks like this:

INPUT 1 2 3
SAT 119 X X
Trans OK X X
dev 1K.2 1K.2 1K.2
Status Recep verified
SW DPP1K.2 w/separator

I have a signal strength of 73 on TP 11 on 119.

I have no signal on 110 or 129

Even if I take the separator out and hook a cable directly to ports 1 & 2 (119/110) on the 1k.2 lnb all I can get is 119. If I unhook sat 1 input and just run port 2 to sat 2, I get wrong satellite 119 on the point dish screen(shouldn't it be 110 even if not aligned to sat signal? Even after redoing the check switch the results are the same.

I am at a loss. How can I check to see if the 1k.2 lnb is switching. Right now it seems to be stuck on 119 on both ports 1 & 2. (If that is even possible?)

Help. This was supposed to be leaving in my RV tuesday, but now postponed til I can fix it.

HELP!!

Here is the exact diagram. THe other I tried was taking out the separator and running direct port 1 to input 1, port 2 to input 2 with still only signal on 119. Can the 1000.2 lnb be tested any way? Time is ticking away, I need help.

Attachments

• 622_1000_2a.jpg
    622_1000_2a.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 165
Make sure sat 1 on the receiver is going to sat 1 in on the switch. The voltage to power the switch is on that port and anything you go through, much have power through on the connections you are using.

Now I am not sure what is going on. I just took a DP500 Quad and stuck it on the mast, ran single cables from port 1 & 2 of the quad to 1 & 2 of the 622 with no separator. Then ran a checkswitch and it said connection good, but reception error. It was freeking cold & dark out so I didn't take a lot of time to point it, but came up with no signal. If it warms up a little during the day, I might try aiming it again or try a DP34 with the 1000.2.

I just don't want to haul around a truckload of equipment just to watch my HD TV and this time crunch is killing me. I have maybe 1 more day before we leave. Fixed or not fixed. I may just have to find someone in Corpus Christi to resolve this when we get to our destination. *sigh*

Last edited:
Typo - I meant DP44. I was going to try and bypass the internal switch in the 1000.2 just to see if it is my skew or a hosed lnb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts