1000.2 alignment on 110 help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CJBaker

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
I had a 1000.2 dish installed late Friday for Turbo HD with locals etc. and after the installer left we realized that the 110 satellite was missing. I have it on a pole that is "almost" plumb. The bubble is moved over slightly to one of the grid lines on the level. The pole is pointing slightly south east. I am in central Kansas.

This morning I was getting 28 quality on 129 tp19 and 70 on 119 tp 19. (I used tp19 just because it was easy to remember.) I adjusted the azimuth, elevation and repeaked azimuth and got 129 tp19 up to 44 and knocked 119 tp 19 down to 58. If I moved the dish further eat I lost 129 all the way. My hope was that in peaking it more evenly I would be able to pick up 110 but I still do not find it. FYI sat 129 was VERY picky with azimuth adjustments.

With the PVR 612 when I try to find satellite 110 it locks on green, then goes red to indicate it is not a dish satellite. The switch check indicates there is a connection to the 3rd lnb but fales to find the sat.

What suggestions do you have from where to go next. I'm guessing the skew but I didn't want to miss something more obvious. I could call the installer again but after 20 years in C/Ku BUD I would rather learn to do this stuff myself.

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
I just installed a 1000.2 a couple of days ago, I used some advise I had seen here in the forum, cover the 110 and 129 lnb's and peak the 119 on tp 11, once peaked you should have 110 and 129, I used a 612 for my install and I had to clear the switch matrix a couple of times before it read correctly

Bob

I tried the aluminum foil trick and I am getting 129 on the center lnb and 119 on th right one, while facing the back of the dish. So I should rotate the dish further south to get them lined up correctly???

I have been trying this but I can't get 119 on the center lnb :(

I tried the aluminum foil trick and I am getting 129 on the center lnb and 119 on th right one, while facing the back of the dish. So I should rotate the dish further south to get them lined up correctly???

I have been trying this but I can't get 119 on the center lnb :(

Just to clarify, the 119 lnb is the center lnb. The leftmost (from behind) 129 lnb and rightmost 110 lnb should be covered when peaking on 119.

Rotate the dish about 11 degrees east and raise the elevation 3-5 degrees, sometimes as much as 6 and you will find all three sats.

Even better, call dish and tell them to send out a Tech to fix what the first one did.

That is if you don't mind waiting.

Best and simple solution: Just get the installer back there to fix it !!!!!!!

I may do that but it was Sunday and I would rather be able to maintain myself.

Jim.... turn 11 degrees from when I had 110 on center or 129 on center. Thanks

Last edited:
If you had 110 on center, 11 degrees west, lower elevation.

If you had 129 on center, 11 degrees east, raise elevation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)