1000.2 dish alignment problem can find 129 and 119 not on proper lnb

Ok guys I got it!!!! Finally found 119 bird. Thanks harshness! I was too low, actually I had to move the elevation up quit a bit.

By the scale stamp on the side it says I'm at 37 degrees of elevation. Once I found 119 did check switch took foil off and did check switch again all the other birds 110 and 129 came in.

Again: Thanks to everyone who help me with this!!!!!
Two months ago I had a similar frustrating experience aligning my 1000.2 dish. I finally discovered that I had to raise the elevation by 5 degrees or so from what Dish's published tables said to use for my zipcode. The culprit turned out to be two factors. A 1000.2 dish is heavy enough to sag down a plumb mast by about 1 degree or so; even when the mast is mounted rock solid and bolted tight (this is why D* puts side braces on masts for their biggest dishes). Second, the elevation degree scale stamped on the dish was stamped out of alignment by about 4 degrees. This was determined by measuring using a plumb bob, a protractor, and accounting for the 22.5 degree up-look angle used to keep the LNB arm out of the line of site. This method proved that the dish was actually at the elevation called for in Dish's published tables (within a degree or so), but the stamped scale was reading 5.5 degrees higher.

I have a friend that just had an identical experience. Makes me wonder if there is a manufacturing issue with recent 1000.2 dishes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)