1000.2 (EA)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

allenmc_ SUI

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Today I got my first supply of .2 ea and tried to use 1. Fist someone told me the settings where the same as a .4 that is not true it differs a little but then while siteing it in I caught signal on 61.5 then checked on 72.7 and had it as well. I then ran a lim scan and found I was missing a lot of transponders on both sats. I'm right in thinking the .2 ea and .4 ea hit the same exact thing right other than 77

Scew is different slightly. Can't tell exactly because it differs but where I'm at it was 90 on .4 and is 88 on .2

TheKrell said:
I vote "Yes". Don't know why you should be missing transponders. What does a "lim scan" mean?"

U run a limite scan on the supper/sat buddy it test certain transponders on each sat like 61.5 it checks trans 15 17 I think 20 or 21 but it shows the signal on each and if ur missing the important ones u will be missing channels

When was the last time you updated your Sat Buddy? My wag is that it's out of date on the transponder list. Dish changes characteristics fairly often. The "limited scan" might not waste time checking for all possibilities if it can't lock on right away.

Limit scan checks four transponders on each orbital location, the same four that are checked on the STB Health. What varies is the minimum signal strength as it is dependent on your location (zip code).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts