1000.2 Eastern Arc Help

Setting my meter to the 72.7 LNB and scanning azimuth never locks on. I adjusted elevation by a degree in each direction a few times to account for the possibility that the mast isn't perfectly level. Skew is set at around 61 (72802). Setting the meter to 61.5 and scanning azimuth locks where it should. It was my understanding that if I can point and lock on 61.5, that 72.7 is close enough to get a lock as well. Obviously they engineered the antenna and LNB to lock on both satellites simultaneously.

IIRC the Dish 1000.2 is for western arc, the 1000.4 is for eastern arc. Western arc is 110/119/129 Eastern Arc is 61.5/72/77 The separation of the satellites is not the same.
No one has mentioned it so I will ask, have you checked your skew setting?

Well, I can tell you that in March when I was switched from the Western Arc to the Eastern Arc I DID NOT get a different dish, the just pointed it in a different direction and put on a different LNB. When I began instantly to have signal level problems and the second tech they sent out he changed out EVERYTHING to brand new to try and bring my levels up, I still got a .02 dish, just a darker colored gray. Was I suppose to have a different dish, if so that might be why I was continually losing signal when it rained moderately and finally had my fill of satellite television after being a 11 year Dish customer and pulled the plug to OTA.

You will be able to use .2 WA on .2 EA but you must flop the scew. Most techs just replace the dish if all four scew bolts are installed but if just a couple are in you can rotate/flop it to the angle you need.

.4 dishes can use .2 lnbs but you have cut the notch out of the bracket the arm is longer/shorter but it will work.

In my experience the .2 twin LNB picks up the best signal because the eyes are bigger.

The .4 ea was brought out first but you don't need 77 in my area unless you want latino or international programing.

It sounds like you are only pointed at 61.5. That the connect w/X below is saying that the LNB is working but seeing no signal. I just did a check switch test w/ the LNB covered by a can. It showed the conn w/an X below it. So that is the problem.

Is there such a thing as an EA 1000.2?

I don't know enough about the Super Buddy to know whether it can detect the right signal on the wrong feed horn as the receivers can. That's where the foil trick may come into play.

Offset. Let me see if I can find a ref... Google led me back here to a thread that discussed this LNB, but it was a broken link. :( Best I can do is Amazon: Amazon product ASIN B00946HPUO
Note that it has 3 outputs, but no input for a wing dish.

I am having problems getting a 1000.2 set up on a tripod at a camp site. I am not getting 72. Looking at the dish from behind, is 72 the left or right LNB?
Using your zip code....
EL is 47.2.....AZ is 169 SKEW is 76.5.....Dishpointer.com does not have a listing specifically for a 1000.2 antenna with a EA lnb. I assume the skew is the same.
With that in mind...
Follow these steps....
1. set the EL and SKEW...SNUG but do not tighten nuts..
2. Turn the antenna LEFT of the proper azimuth....Now, keep in mind that the LNB has some weight to it, so set the EL maybe a half a degree above the correct number.
SLOWLY sweep the antenna to the right. Wait for the signal on the meter to jump. When it does jump, keep sweeping to the right until the signal drops. STOP...Slowly sweep back to the right. Find the highest signal....STOP.. Tighten the AZ nuts on the clamp
3. Grasp the dish gently on top and bottom. Gently tip the dish back from the top and then forward..If the signal drops, in either direction, you have found the correct elevation.
4.Now, tighten the nuts on the Elevation. But just tight. Grasp the dish left and right. Gently tug it left and right.. If the signal drops in either direction, you are at the correct azimuth. IOf it rises, loosen the nuts ever so slightly to allow the dish to move in the direction of the higher signal. Once you are at the point where you are satisfied you jhave the best signal, lock down the nuts on all parts of the dish...
Now check your transponder signal strengths....You should be good to go...
5 Run check switch.

Offset. Let me see if I can find a ref... Google led me back here to a thread that discussed this LNB, but it was a broken link. :( Best I can do is Amazon: Amazon product ASIN B00946HPUO
Note that it has 3 outputs, but no input for a wing dish.
So it is an offset arrangement as I suspected. That's almost certainly going to create some aiming parameter issues since the 72.7 feed horn isn't at the center. Maybe the installation instructions contain their own aiming tables.

Looking at the application notes for the AI Turbo S2 meter, you must select the EA DPP Twin parameters so I'm betting that they are unique. The Super Buddy also has a specific setting for the EA DPP Twin.

Here's the DISH notes on the EA DPP Twin:

http://horizonent.net/uploads/1000_2_EA_Twin_LNBF_Deployment.pdf