1000.2 lnb interchangable with 1000.4 ?

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
A friend wants to switch from an Eastern Arc setup to a Western Arc setup. Locals are on both arcs, but the All American Distances are only Western, and he has waivers.

The question is, can a 1000.2 be slapped onto the 1000.4 dish and work? Would prefer not to have to buy an entire new setup up.

thanks.

A friend wants to switch from an Eastern Arc setup to a Western Arc setup. Locals are on both arcs, but the All American Distances are only Western, and he has waivers.

The question is, can a 1000.2 be slapped onto the 1000.4 dish and work? Would prefer not to have to buy an entire new setup up.

thanks.
It may work but you will need a bracket designed for the 1000.2 LNB. The arm length may also need to be adjusted.

The bracket is no biggee, as they're cheap. Didn't want to have to go and modify arms though.
It may be as simple as drilling a new hole. The 1000.4 reflector is also a little smaller than the 1000.2 from what I've read.

Just get a 500 with a dual LNB point it at the satellite for western arc locals then tie it into the input port on the 1000.4 LNB
That would require 5 Satellites, 110(SD DNS)/119(HD DNS)/61.5(HD)/72(SD&HD)/77(HD locals)
What we want is 110(SD DNS)/119(HD DSN)/129(HD & HD Locals)

The migration of HD from 61.5 to 72 is what is prompted this, as his current setup is 110/119/61.5/77

If everything was already moved/duplicated from 61.5 to 72, it wouldn't be a problem, but as of yet that's not the case.

This is probably the easiest to do as you only need to add the one sat location that has your ADD channels.
AAD channels are on 2 locations. In someone's infinite "wisdom", they put the SD's on one bird and the HD's on another.

Rather than trying to cobble something together, why not spend $59.99 shipping included for the whole kit'n'kaboodle, as in here:
That's likely what will be done. But would rather spend $10 than $60.
$50 is a lot of money to just throw away. Asking the question wastes nothing, but could save 50.

The 1000.4 Dish is a couple of inches better than the 1000.2. The .4 arm is a lot longer and the lnb bracket is smaller than the .2. You cannot use .2 parts with the .4. The .4 is a bigger and more solid dish. It may look the same to a common eye though. You can get a MUCH better signal with the .4 due to the dish being bigger and the new fine tuning features on the skew.

I think dish is coming out with a new lnbf that will work on the 1000.4 dish and be pointed west to pickup western arc 129.119.110.

My sister-in-law just got an upgrade the other day she got the 722k with the 1K.4 dish.When I checked System Info in the Menu it identified it as 1K.2 LNBs.I know she got the 1K.4 because I have the 1K.2 and you can see the difference to me the 1K.4 looks deeper(to me)when I compared them.:confused:

There is a new LNB that was just introduced a few weeks ago. It uses the current k4 dish and uses a different LNB that will capture 110-119-129

Do some searching for a 1000.4 western arc.

Jacob Ryan Cummings said:
The 1000.4 Dish is a couple of inches better than the 1000.2. The .4 arm is a lot longer and the lnb bracket is smaller than the .2. You cannot use .2 parts with the .4. The .4 is a bigger and more solid dish. It may look the same to a common eye though. You can get a MUCH better signal with the .4 due to the dish being bigger and the new fine tuning features on the skew.

FYI: you can use the 1000.2 lnb on a 1000.4 dish. You just need to cut the tabs on the 1000.4 bracket. Works perfectly fine.

Save your money. You will of course need to re-adjust your skew and elevation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts