1000.2 LNB on a 1000+ DISH?

jack byron

Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Erie, PA
I'm curious if using a 1000.2 LNB on a 1000 DISH will work? That way I have the largest dish Dish Network makes without using an external switch and extra LNB'S. Will the 1000+ tube except a 1000.2 yoke? I am trying to boost my 129W signal with one dish. I would rather NOT use the two dish solution many have used. If this won't work I guess my only choice is one 1000.2 for locals and HD. Erie, PA location with two 622's. Thank you for the info.

NO they are not compatiable . The arms and lnb holder will not work on a dish 1000 mast. The 1000.2 is bigger than a dish 1000. It is 26 inches wide by 20.5 high. IT works for me in Texas and I have it peaked on 119 like the directions say and I no longer have any problems with 129 that I have noticed.

I really dont think the size difference between a 1000.2 and a + would help much either. As much as you dont want to, a D500 on 61.5 or 129 is the best setup.

I'm curious if using a 1000.2 LNB on a 1000 DISH will work? That way I have the largest dish Dish Network makes without using an external switch and extra LNB'S. Will the 1000+ tube except a 1000.2 yoke? I am trying to boost my 129W signal with one dish. I would rather NOT use the two dish solution many have used. If this won't work I guess my only choice is one 1000.2 for locals and HD. Erie, PA location with two 622's. Thank you for the info.

Best course of action is the wing(seperate) dish for 129...To answer your question, No they are not compatible/interchangeable. Sorry.

Couple of questions:

I assume that the middle LNB of my 1000+ is for 118.7 and 119? Does this FSS(?) LNB provide as good a signal on 119 as the other type of LNBs pointing at 110 and 129?

Basically, would i get a better signal on 119 if i had a 'normal' LNB pointing at it, or are these FSS(?) LNBs 'just' as good? (btw, i no longer subscribe to any programming on 118.7)

Reason i ask is that I think my dish really needs to be re-pointed. My signal strengths seem particularly low compared to other numbers i've seen reported on SatGuys, but not sure what i should adjust.

Got E* in January, and I was unhappy with how often i'd lose quite a few 129 channels anytime it rained, so E* came out and re-pointed. This improved 129 signal strengths, but now 110 and 119 suffer.

I pretty much lose all three anytime I get even a moderate storm. (and yes, moderate for texas may be a hurricane for some of you). Basically anytime it rains now, i totally lose signal till i'm getting only a drizzle of rain.

btw, i 'moved' to Dallas, so I cant really call E* to come out again to my house in Austin.

I guess i wish i hadnt had E* re-point, and i need to figure out what the best procedure for peaking my dish is.

(i've attached my signal strengths)

thanks in advance guys.

Attachments

• DishSatStrengths.xls
    20 KB · Views: 212
Looks like the SS on 119 and 129 got transposed. The numbers for 129 look more like numbers for 119. If that's not the case, then yeah 119 looks very low.

yep, i just need some help figuring out what i loosen to nudge it slightly to the right (right, looking at the dish logo). nudging it right seems to make the 119 numbers go higher. what TP I should be tuned to on 119 when i try to re-point??

Looks like the SS on 119 and 129 got transposed. The numbers for 129 look more like numbers for 119. If that's not the case, then yeah 119 looks very low.

nope, they're not transposed...this was the guy E* sent out's solution to low numbers on 129...

129 got a bump, and 110 and 119 are in the crapper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)