1000.2 self-install for Pac NW (long)?

bxl4

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
Bainbridge Island, WA
I am in the Seattle area and ready to upgrade to HD. My problem is that one, I have _some_ tree concerns now on 110/119 (but still getting by) that look to be worse on 129 even IF it were putting out a good signal.

My current install is a 500 with legacy LNBs so the installation/switches needed for adding a 3rd dish seems more complicated than it is worth. I have a better location for installing a 1000.2 if/when it becomes available - on my chimney. I know from experience that the installers won't go there.

I'd love to do the lease upgrade and pay the $49 just to have them drop all of the parts on my driveway but doubt I can get the installers to agree due to concerns about call-backs.

Can anyone contribute their wisdom to my dilemma? Thanks.

Bill

Since 129 reception is difficult on the west coast, especially if you're trying to line up 3 satellites (110/119/129), I'd skip the Dish 1000.2 and add a 2nd dish for 129.

If you replace your legacy LNBs on your Dish 500 with a DPP Twin, you won't need a new DP44 switch (the cable from the 2nd Dish goes to the input port on the DPP twin).

the 1000.2 is a ways out. I install in the west sound area so I can tell you that you won't get a 1000 we don't put them up anymore. your only option is two dish 500's unless you go with a contractor. and we do mount to chimney's so tell the tech to get off his ass and on the roof. unless you have a cedar shake or tile roof.

it's a little complicated...

dnsguy said:
tell the tech to get off his ass and on the roof. unless you have a cedar shake or tile roof.

It's tile.

So the plan would be to retrofit the existing 500 lnbs (somehow) and add another 500 on the chimney?

I also still have a 300 dish. Would that be retrofitable with a new lnb and usable or am I making this even more complicated?

You don't mention model and count of receivers, so your needs can't be nailed down.

However, yes, a D300 with legacy Dual LNB can be mated to a D500 with Legacy Twin via a PAIR of SW21 (NOT DP21) switches. This will give you 3 birds for 2 tuners (NOT necssarily two receivers).

Also, yes, the D300 can have a DP Dual mounted on it no problem. but consider this:

Take the D1000 with DPP-Twin to replace the D500, but use it ONLY for 110+119. Then use the old D500 pan with the D1000's DP-Dual LNB for 129, routing a cable from there over to the D1000. This is exactly the same hookup as a regular 1000, just with an separate dishpan for 129. For extra gain, get an I-adapter from DishStore.net to center the LNB on the 500 - that should solve all the problems. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)