1000.4 Dish Eastern Arc Signal Strengths

That is a good signal level. Are you using a 1000.4 dish?

yes and it was a pain to align....believe it or not I did it with an old cheap 10$ analog meter, read afterwards in the forum I shouldn't do that, well....

yes and it was a pain to align....believe it or not I did it with an old cheap 10$ analog meter, read afterwards in the forum I shouldn't do that, well....

Pointing the dish with a cheap meter is difficult these days specially when the LNB has internal switches. I finally got the AI TURBO S2. And upgraded to the EA 1000.4. Signals haven't been an issue since.
How do you point to the second lnb with the $10 meter?

Pointing the dish with a cheap meter is difficult these days specially when the LNB has internal switches. I finally got the AI TURBO S2. And upgraded to the EA 1000.4. Signals haven't been an issue since.
How do you point to the second lnb with the $10 meter?

Luck, going back to the receiver and change sat, luck, some check switch and luck. Took me a whole afternoon and the next day.

I forgot but I went on dishpointer beforehand, if I didn't it would have took me a whole week to align.

a bit more
I am amazed that you get that high a signal where you are. The spot beam doesn't even get close to you unless the maps on this site are totally wrong. I think someone sid they were wrong but does anyone know the approximate coverage?

Just because he's getting signal on that transponder doesn't mean he's getting the spotbeam that you're after. Could easily be (and likely is) another spot beam. You won't find an accurate spot map for 61.5. Again, these barely work in NY state..

Just because he's getting signal on that transponder doesn't mean he's getting the spotbeam that you're after. Could easily be (and likely is) another spot beam. You won't find an accurate spot map for 61.5. Again, these barely work in NY state..
Thanks for that Rob. Never considered that it was another spotbeam. That makes more sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)