SOLD!! 1000.4 EA dish

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattykay

formerly crodrules
Original poster
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
I have a 1000.4 dish that I am looking to get rid of, since it is taking up too much space in my closet. The dish itself is completely free to the first person who is willing to pay the shipping cost.

I would also be willing to sell the Eastern Arc LNB that goes with this dish, either separately or included in the same shipment with the dish. The first reasonable offer will be accepted. This LNB works for the 61.5 / 72.7 and 77 orbital slots. However, Dish is no longer using the satellite at 77. I have read that keeping 77 in your system (with no satellite signal) can cause all kinds of problems with your receiver / satellite reception until 77 is removed. Therefore, it would be a good idea to run only the outputs from the 61.5 and 72.7 ports to a separate switch, rather than connecting the LNB directly to your receivers (which would use the built-in switch that includes 77). This would give you the equivalent of a standard 1000.2 EA dish, but with a larger reflector that may help improve signal strength / reduce rain fade.

The reflector will also work with Western Arc, but you would need to find a Western Arc 1000.4 LNB elsewhere, since I don't have one of those.

I'm using three 1000.4 EA's at various locations fed directly to our H2's and haven't had any problems with the missing 77. It just shows up as a red 'X' on the diags page the same as any other missing satellite would. I blocked off the 77 "eye" with some aluminum tape to make aiming a bit easier.

Reactions: navychop
I'm using three 1000.4 EA's at various locations fed directly to our H2's and haven't had any problems with the missing 77. It just shows up as a red 'X' on the diags page the same as any other missing satellite would. I blocked off the 77 "eye" with some aluminum tape to make aiming a bit easier.
Thanks! I guess it was mostly new Hopper activations on existing 1000.4 installations that were having the issues I read about. Either that or people who already had ViP receivers connected to a 1000.4 at the time that the change occurred in November 2021. Either way, a Check Switch would likely have fixed the issue. However, the constant signal loss messages and/or reboots made it very difficult if not impossible to even get to the menus to do a Check Switch. Installers were having trouble activating new receivers (or even downloading the software) without swapping out the dish for a 1000.2 first. I guess Dish addressed these issues with new software at some point after that.

I was going to recommend covering the 77 eye in my post above. This would allow users to connect a second dish to the input port on the 1000.4 LNB if you want a mixed-arc setup, and still use the built-in switch. The missing 77 slot would simply show up as a red X like you said. I have experience doing that with the 61.5 eye when having both 61.5 and 129 in my system was causing me some problems. After reading about the various receiver issues back in November though, I didn't want to chance it, so I unhooked this dish and put it away.

Reactions: NYDutch
Status
Not open for further replies.